Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rchcfi

How slow can you go
I was wondering if anyone has had a mishap that they would like to forget while playing professional pilot.

Today I was "disembarking" my tiny Citation and rolled my ankle underneath me. I fell to the asphalt in pain. I had a Gulfstream pilot (who gave me a 10 for dexterity), a line guy, and the line service manager run over and offer condolences. And this all took place in front of the lobby at Million Air. Evidently, a few older women caught my boss and said, "Your co-pilot is laying on the ground." So he ran out and it became a three ring circus.

We made it back home and I went to the doctor and was told not to fly unitl Wednesday.....;-(

It's not that it hurts too bad, just that rolling around on the tarmac in front of all is a little embarassing.

I had a charter customer that always requested that I fly his trips...really cool guy. Owned his own architecture firm. He always requested that I get "better" beer for the trip home...which I totally respected. Life is too short to drink cheap beer!

On one of the trips, I forgot to get a bottle opener...duhhhh! So we wound up using the slot in the co-pilot's "male" belt buckle to open the beers. They would pass em up and I'd pop the tops for em. Not too embarasing and they were always cool to have on board.

Rchcfi, I forgot to add...I feel your pain. I always have to un-ass out of the caravan with all of my stuff and try to beat the rampies that seem to be in such a hurry to get that cargo door open. I know every time that I get my overnight bag and my flight bag positioned properly, so that I can reach it once I hit the ground, that one day I'm going to slip of that stupid Cessna ladder and get my leg caught in it...resulting in traction, a new plastic hip or major face plant. My day is coming...it's not a matter of if, but when.

Last edited:
I was at a wedding reception and was trying to impress this chick when I walked right into a sliding glass door. The DJ made sure to point it out to everyone.

FN FAL said:
On one of the trips, I forgot to get a bottle opener...duhhhh! So we wound up using the slot in the co-pilot's "male" belt buckle to open the beers. They would pass em up and I'd pop the tops for em. Not too embarasing and they were always cool to have on board.

Ha, oh man, using seatbelts as bottles openers. Happened every day in Haiti.

Ill Mitch said:
I was at a wedding reception and was trying to impress this chick when I walked right into a sliding glass door. The DJ made sure to point it out to everyone.
Hahaha...you walked into a sliding glass door once, the DJ, well...he's a DJ. What's his excuse? Hahaha... :D

Bongo said:
Ha, oh man, using seatbelts as bottles openers. Happened every day in Haiti.
Sorry, it was the best I could do! Maybe after I pull the pin and retire, I'll be able to do a Paul Harvey and tell "the rest of the story!" :)

Had a stuck mike twice in one flight as a solo student way back when. Once I was going off on a tyrade about how late I was gonna be with nothing but four letter words. Approach told me about that one... then I talked myself through a windy landing and got some laughs from tower on that one too. Was over 10 years ago and I still cringe when I think about it.

then I talked myself through a windy landing and got some laughs from tower on that one too. Was over 10 years ago and I still cringe when I think about it.[/QUOTE]

That one is great! I have never done that but have heard some pretty funny things when people do get the mic stuck! :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back