Most Challenging Regional Aircraft??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BenderGonzales said:
well that was back when we were aviators. Now we are simply pilots -- the preverbial monkey who pushes the button to get the banana.

You get a banana??? What button is that??

Not to be off the topic

I was just wondering(even though it's not 121/regional a/c) but how does say; a learjet (35) fly in comparison to those earlier mentioned. I ask because its fairly a small/light a/c and may encounter such flight tendencies as TPs mentioned. How is it on landing? and with a x-wind? how about at cruise? Is it equipped with such automation, if any? Just a general pros&cons of flight characteristics please.

thanks and sorry if i ruined the topic
SD

Saab gear

Cardinal said:
LOL, studying for E120 school next month and I was blown way, 5 generators!? WTF for? 3 ways to extend the gear? ?

So has anyone ever had to pull the magic lever in the Saab to lower the gear? You know, the whole "explosive bolt" thing? I always throught that was a crazy way to design a system in case the hydraulics went out.

Northern Lights said:
So has anyone ever had to pull the magic lever in the Saab to lower the gear? You know, the whole "explosive bolt" thing? I always throught that was a crazy way to design a system in case the hydraulics went out.

Agreed, the DHC-8 had a MUCH better system. Two pulls and you're done.

Nu

I want to hear from anyone who ever had to split the flight controls on a Brasilia. (Simulators don't count.)

The Lear 35 -- quirky, yes -- but not on the order of a Jetstream. Plus, it's, um, you know ... a jet!

Hehe.. We still have the JunkStream song on the wall in our crewroom..

The song tells it how it is..

I think Colgan pilots get the hardest airplanes to fly - not that the manufacturers really goofed, but everything kept leaking and falling off. The day I had to pull the FI Stop Override sliding down the snowy runway was the day I filled out my applications so I could leave. Of course, you couldn't use the brakes because the anti-skid failed en route. Good times.

Any airplane becomes difficult when you only have a majority of parts working.

Latest resources

Back