• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mormons and Frisbee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will follow what thousands of years of science has shown the world through hard facts and indisputable proof.

Spending my life in fear of some cloaked and hidden bearded man on high doesn't, to me, seem like a life worth living.

However, unto to each, his own... and I sincerely wish you, Timebuilder, the very best in all you do.

Rather than advocate that you spend your life in "fear," I'd much rather you spent it in "joy" and "praise," since this life that we perceive that we can document by science is just the tip of an infinitely large iceberg, a greater life that we are invited to join in.

I've tried, but I just don't see the downside in a life here fillied with joy and an eternal life so good that Christ died to make it available to us.

About what do I have to be joyful?

My wife left me taking my daughter over 500 miles away;
I was fired from my job by a labor-hating manager because I refused to kiss his a**;
I am going to have for forclose on my house;
And thus I will have no where to live;
I am going to have to file for bankruptcy;
I am estranged from my mother, father and rest of family;
I have no discernable close friends;
And I am almost out of money.

I see no reason to have 'hope eternal' and sing praises for someone who has seemingly so completely abandoned one of his 'flock' who has led a moral life and always strived to lead a Christ-like life.

Last edited:
ATL2CDG said:
About what do I have to be joyful?

My wife left me taking my daughter over 500 miles away;
I was fired from my job by a labor-hating manager because I refused to kiss his a**;
I am going to have for forclose on my house;
And thus I will have no where to live;
I am going to have to file for bankruptcy;
I am estranged from my mother, father and rest of family;
I have no discernable close friends;
And I am almost out of money.

I see no reason to have 'hope eternal' and sing praises for someone who has seemingly so completely abandoned one of his 'flock' who has left a moral life and always strived to lead a Christ-like life.

To be honest, that's your condition right now, so no wonder you're bummed out. I would feel the same way with those burdens and no hope.

Most of that stuff is a part of the risk of life. We are born in sin, even the best, most positive person you ever met. If you ask for and accept God's help, He can be a comfort to you. Be advised, though, a life out of control takes time for you to turn around, just like a heavy ship moving at a crawl in the wrong direction.

Your assessment that He has "abandoned you" is incorrect. In fact, without God our lives would be far worse than they are. When you ask Him to help, that help starts coming. Slowly at first, as you build new friendships, gain insights, and conform to His teaching. Easy? No, Worthwhile? Oh, yes.

It doesn't sound like He abandoned you. It sounds like the other way around.

You CAN change that, though. It's up to you to act.

It's a heart thing.

Now it might get interesting, I bet someone is going to bring up the problems Job had, and in the end won.

This is almost interesting to read, kind of like rubber necking a car wreck on the freeway.

By the way I was brought up a Seventh Day Adventist, so I've been there and heard all the arguments.

Cat

My great great great grandfather lynched Joseph and Hiram Smith, he shot the one and hung the other. Ran them out of a small town in Illinios.

Given that both Joseph and Hyrum were shot and neither lynched, I doubt the validity of your claim. Also noteworthy, the 'small town' of Nauvoo, IL was the largest city in the state at the time of the Smiths' murders.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back