• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mormons and Frisbee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An excellent book for the critic/skeptic who is looking for answers to some of the authenticity of the bible questions is 'The Case For Christ' by Lee Stroebel.

Mr. Stroebel was a Chicago Tribune legal affairs reporter and agnostic when his wife accepted Christ as Lord. He began an investigation into the Christian faith in an effort to see for himself.

He answers a lot of the questions and settling a lot of the mnisconceptions that I see members of this forum repeat over and over again (eg: "How is it that Christ could define what is his one word and one scripture some 300+ years before it was written?")

It's pretty compelling testimony from a far more tenacious critic than any of us (the guy was a lawyer!).

Timebuilder said:
Of course you have that right.

It comes from God.

From Deity or from existence?

In either case, we shan't agree.

Mormonism

This thread really tells much more about the participants writing than it does about the Mormon church. In fact many of the purported Mormon doctrines written of here are fiction and have no basis in Mormonism.

Here is an idea for anyone interested in really learning about the Mormon church. Why don't you call the Mormon missionaries and ask them a few questions. Or why don't you visit a Mormon church and listen to a Sacrament meeting or Sunday School. Visitors are welcome. Or visit the official web site of the Mormon church at www.lds.org

In the phone book you'll find a listing under The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which is the real name of the church, though Mormons happily go by the nickname "Mormons."

You really have nothing to lose, and only an education or insight to gain. And if it's brainwashing you're worried about, well, if you're that feeble minded then you really shouldn't be flying airplanes.

I.P. Freley said:
Yes, funny indeed.

I dated this gal about five years ago who I just KNEW would end up being an EX girlfriend because of her strong religous beliefs...

Hey, same story with me except mine turned out different. My g/f was becoming less happy with the whole Mormon thing. Well she finally left the church within the first year of us going out. Of course I was to blame, but her parents eventually have come to like me. This situation has led me to believe and preach to those that will listen: ex-mormon girls are the best thing for men since the pill. Mormons are great about teaching the boys to play and the girls to cook, clean, and be subserviant to the man. Well she's not totally subserviant, but the woman cleans, cooks, and frankly, the bedroom is her place for getting over a LDS childhood (if you get my drift). Ex-mormon girls are the way to go. ;)

You really have nothing to lose, and only an education or insight to gain. And if it's brainwashing you're worried about, well, if you're that feeble minded then you really shouldn't be flying airplanes.

Anything that stands between you and the word of God should be avoided like a plate of bad fish. It may be okay now, but the bad part comes later.

"Nothing to lose."

Nope.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back. ~Chinese Proverb

People learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what they learned the day before was wrong. ~Bill Vaughan

Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a crime to examine the laws of heat. ~John Morley

You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. ~Author Unknown

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~Stephen Roberts

There is a story, which is fairly well known, about when the missionaries came to Africa. They had the Bible and we, the natives, had the land. They said "Let us pray," and we dutifully shut our eyes. When we opened them, why, they now had the land and we had the Bible. ~Desmond M. Tutu, "Religious Human Rights and the Bible"

No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means. ~George Bernard Shaw

ATL2CDG,

You have way too much f*ckin time on your hands.....why don't you do something constructive with your time instead of preaching your bull$hit to us. This board is intended for discussion on flying, etc. not your incoherent, Webster-padded ramblings.

deez_nutz2000:

First, I don't require a dictionary to spell common big words; however, I would recommend you reference one so that you can correctly spell 'embarrassed' in my quote that you've kindly edited for your signature.

Secondly, I'm simply contributing to various discussions already on this board; I have never started a socio-poliltical thread on this forum. If you don't approve of the topics, then I would recommend you criticize the original posters.

Lastly, it took me no more than a google search and 3 or 4 minutes to post the above quotes - a considerably less amount of time than I spend on other more important things.

In any case, I thank you for your concern.

ATL2CDG said:
I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back. ~Chinese Proverb

People learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what they learned the day before was wrong. ~Bill Vaughan

Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a crime to examine the laws of heat. ~John Morley

You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. ~Author Unknown

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~Stephen Roberts

There is a story, which is fairly well known, about when the missionaries came to Africa. They had the Bible and we, the natives, had the land. They said "Let us pray," and we dutifully shut our eyes. When we opened them, why, they now had the land and we had the Bible. ~Desmond M. Tutu, "Religious Human Rights and the Bible"

No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means. ~George Bernard Shaw

I'll give you a quote from me:

Always pay less attention to what famous writers say about the Bible than what the Bible says about itself.

The difference is between the words of Man and the Word of God.

Who will you follow?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back