Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone else here old enough to remember him from "Electric Company?"

Bust -- ed...busted

The lips on the other side of the screen were those of Lynne Thigpen. They worked together in "Lean on Me" also. Her lips were also featured as the DJ in "The Warriors."

Here is some random trivia from IMDB.com:

Considered joining the Air Force to become a fighter pilot, but opted to stay with acting instead.

Worked as a mechanic in the US Air Force.

Recently earned a Private Pilot license.

Last edited:
vor a- clifo mandatoryat 2000
ils 6- dandy mandatory at 1500

this is from memory so could be wrong but don't think so

from his own explanation it sounded like he descended early, not late. not sure either of these fixes was involved

He has a Seneca II and it is white and red. It is a partnership with another pilot under a corp. name after a restaruant that they own in Mississippi. He flies IFR alot and when people here him on the radios they follow him into airports. Good pilot from what I here. Best of luck getting in the air again.

Props

Yes, a very 'dandy' question! Gee, does 1,500 feet ring any bells?

People follow him into airports?

No wonder he bust altitude. Poor guy is probably running away from phr33ky pil0t stalkers.

I'm surprised he doesn't move up to a Citation X just to out run the crazy f--ks following him into airports.

Propsfullfwd said:
He has a Seneca II and it is white and red. It is a partnership with another pilot under a corp. name after a restaruant that they own in Mississippi. He flies IFR alot and when people here him on the radios they follow him into airports. Good pilot from what I here. Best of luck getting in the air again.

Props

KPTPK Total Time: 1K
Who cares...he should stick to acting!!!!
That's a pretty brazen statement for a guy with barley a 1000 hours.

mudkow60
There are lots of FAA controllers that I would LOVE to meet in person! They all act like the chums in Pushing Tin. Most but not all of the controllers in the NY airspace at times can be assholes. Their New York attitude and mentality spills over into their work.

rumpletumbler
yes! I did once by about 300ft but the guys hand I was flying with went to the standby switch like a bolt of lightning. It must have happened to him before as well. Anyhow....what kind of plane does Morgan have?
Common practice and great tactic for disguising your altitude if you make a mistake or just get off your altitude a little. Be warned, newer aircraft don't have this feature, your transponder squawks your altitude regardless of switch position.

Duderino
Anyone, Anyone? I wonder if this fix is what he was reffering to? Any ideas as to what he flies around at 21000.
Cause he can afford too? LOL!

Seriously, if you've never flown into the NY area or Teterboro to be more specific, I'd reserve criticism until you've actually had the <<snicker>> honor of:
-NY Center making you descend some 200 miles out.
-Getting vectored to Buffalo before you're allowed to head anywhere in the vicinity of the airport.
-Landing on TEB's short runways in a Gulfstream or a Lear 55 after being told to keep your speed up until short final.
-Try parking at Million Air with a full ramp.
-Try getting your aircraft serviced on a quick turn on a busy day at TEB.
-Having a customer tell you he wants to leave promptly at 5pm (rush hour) and the look on his face when you laugh while telling him he might wanna be about 45 minutes to an hour early to make it out of TEB at 5pm. It gets worse when he does show up early and you STILL don't make it out by 5pm.
-Being told you'll have to wait 45 minutes on the ground before takeoff at TEB with the engines turning while in sequence behind 6 other aircraft who are being told the same thing.
-Trying to execute the noise abated departure while NY Approach is breathing down your neck.

Did I miss anything?????

I sympathize with Freeman for being somewhat inexperienced and flying a turboprop into that area. One of the more challenging airspaces and airports to fly into regardless of your level of expertise.

TEB sucks. It's crazy busy at certain times and as CRFLyPutt said, the center/approach controllers can be real dicks sometimes. Throw in the (in)famous slam-dunk-best-rate-to-1500-out-of-180-vorA-circle-into-the-antenna-farm-TCAS RAs-than-1 approach and it isn't hard to imagine a single pilot having a tough time. Cut the guy a break, there is probably no one on this board that hasn't done something that had they been caught/noticed they'd be in some hot water.

I still don't understand why this poor guy didn't fill out a NASA ASRS form? He still would have been violated but he'd still be flying. I'm a bit puzzled as to why many on this board are wondering if he'll have any trouble flying again. I thought at worst he would get maybe a 30-60 day suspension and after that be fine. ALWAYS fill out a NASA form when this happens, PLEASE!! Having 1000hrs he certainly should have known this.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back