• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Morgan Freeman grounded

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe it was like a piper meridian or something...My guess is he assumed he was cleared for an approach and was following the altitudes on the plate, and approach hadn't cleared him yet.

Bandit60 said:
You can be a private pilot and hold a type rating for an airplane or jet. I think you will see alot of this with all of the new small private jets on the market. Like the Cessna CJ or the Premier
I think the point was that you need an "Instrument Rating" to operate at FL210...

Which, you could have, as a Private Pilot, the previous poster did not clarify as to whether or not the FAA database has Mr. Freeman as an Instrument Rated Private Pilot.

Last time I saw him at Signature in MDW, he was flying a Seneca II. He was on his way to AL or MS, can't remember which one. As if it matters. I was just thinking, "That's one hell of a ride in a PA34 alone!" :eek: XTW

rumpletumbler said:
I did once by about 300ft but the guys hand I was flying with went to the standby switch like a bolt of lightning. :) It must have happened to him before as well. Anyhow....what kind of plane does Morgan have?

I heard he has a King Air. Which series..I don't know.

If I'm scrolling through the channels and Shawshank is on TV, I might as well forget doing anything productive the rest of the evening. One of my favorite movies.

Two things I'm not sure about:

1) Did a loss of seperation occur? I only thought ATC would report a violation if you busted an altitude AND a loss of seperation occurred. It seems hard to believe a loss would occur when busting a 2000 ft restriction on app. I can't imagine you would have IFR traffic below you that low.

2) The other thing that doesn't make sense is that I thought your cert was suspended only after you have lost your NTSB appeal. Also, why didn't he fill out a NASA ASRS form? Beats me!!

I was in front of Morgan Freeman in line for departure (What a mess!) after the Clinton Presidental library opening ended in Little Rock. He was in a white and red Cessna 414. I belive the tail # was something like 4WF or something. Didn't meet him, but was standing 2 ft from him when he was talking to other people-seems like a nice guy

I agree, a very stand-up guy who is upfront and honest about what happened, and that he was the one that made the mistake.

That takes a lot of integrity in situations like this.

rumpletumbler said:
I did once by about 300ft but the guys hand I was flying with went to the standby switch like a bolt of lightning.
GREAT IDEA! Thanks... :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back