• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Morgan Freeman grounded

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are lots of FAA controllers that I would LOVE to meet in person! They all act like the chums in Pushing Tin.

When flying instruments, I do my part as a pilot, but I place a lot of faith in controllers. I'm certainly not quick to condemn them, especially in busier airspace such as found in the northeast. I'm alive many times over but for the fine work of air traffic controllers. Call them what you will; I'll buy them a drink any time.

As for Morgan Freeman, a superb actor whom I've always admired, I think he did a fine job putting his situation into laymans terms for the reporter who questioned him. He did it in a way that didn't leave the reporter to guess at what was said, or to speculate or try to reword it into something that it wasn't. Not a lot of folks can do that; you have to give him credit.

As for an altitude bust...he apparently made one. Anybody here that has never busted an altitude?

Didn't think so.

I did once by about 300ft but the guys hand I was flying with went to the standby switch like a bolt of lightning. :) It must have happened to him before as well. Anyhow....what kind of plane does Morgan have?

What is the mandatory fix for ILS 6 @ TEB requiring you to be at
1500(or is it 2000, maybe SKEPO, or something).

Anyone, Anyone? I wonder if this fix is what he was reffering to? Any ideas as to what he flies around at 21000.

I also think his acting skills are amazing. I really like him in Samshank Redemption.

Dude

Duderino said:
What is the mandatory fix for ILS 6 @ TEB requiring you to be at
1500(or is it 2000, maybe SKEPO, or something).

Anyone, Anyone? I wonder if this fix is what he was reffering to? Any ideas as to what he flies around at 21000.

I also think his acting skills are amazing. I really like him in Samshank Redemption.

Dude
Who said he was on the ILS. There is a mandatory altitude to be at on the VOR DME C. I think it is 2100ft.

Im sure the 21000 was a typo

According to the FAA database, Morgan Freeman exists only as a private pilot in their system (assuming thats the name on his cert.) I'd like to know what a private pilot was doing at 210, I'm assuming he had somebody with him. Anybody know what he was flying???

You can be a private pilot and hold a type rating for an airplane or jet. I think you will see alot of this with all of the new small private jets on the market. Like the Cessna CJ or the Premier

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back