• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More US Air recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
of course not. Things were going fine at AAA before they acquired America West. Don't listen to all the conspiracy theorists.

I believe the most junior AWA pilot was hired about a year and a half ago???
I am not asking for sympathy, just some movement. I think thats what we all want. The truth of the matter is prior to America West Holdings Aquisition of US Airways we were hiring 25 a month. You 1988 U.S. Airways pilots could have applied like I did.

Sounds like something a Piedmont pilot would say back in 1988.
Good luck with your career with "USAirways".
Keep an open mind about your career hope for the best, expect the worst.

of course not. Things were going fine at AAA before they acquired America West. Don't listen to all the conspiracy theorists.

Now that was some funny $hit Green:laugh: Now how about you hear some truth!!! Keep'em comin though cause I need laughter.

WD.

Michael Boyd of the Boyd Groups states
[FONT=Tahoma, Ariel, Lucida]The HP/US Deal - A Non-Overlapping Asset Buy. Not A Merger of Two Global Carriers. It's important to point out that the America West purchase of US Airways is galaxies away from the types of major carrier mergers such as that contemplated by the folks at the top of United. US Airways was essentially an East Coast cadaver, and America West bought it, with the goal of tying the two systems together. Not much overlap. Actually, employees of the former US Airways should have votive candles lit in front of images of Doug Parker. If HP had not decided to take a chance buying an airline system on the other side of the continent, unemployment lines would be a lot longer today in Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Washington, and Philadelphia.[/FONT]

Whose money bought who..

I don't think anyone could find money that AWA produced to "buy" USAirways.... It was a bunch of outside investors..

That being said..... I won't argue that USAirways wasn't a cadever waiting for embalming fluid either...

As far as movement ABE... you'll have plenty when all the 50+ crowd starts croaking/retiring soon at AAA.

Of course we could start a whole age 60/65 retirement thread on that comment.

US ATP - Apprx $10,000
Bachelors Degree - Apprx $40,000
Years of Debt while earning commuter pilot wages - $10,000
A US Airways seniority number - $ self-respect, dignity, a house in Coraopolis
A US Airways furlough notice - $ About six months flying at PSA Junior High

Finally finding a good corporate job and bidding farewell to an airline "career"? - Priceless.

America West guys don't give up .We chose AWA and as for as I'm concerned it will allways be AWA that pulled them out of the fire. If I post nothing from here on. Doug made the choice to make this a "We need you type of deal". Wrong. He only made it l seem like that to make the merger "easier".

US ATP - Apprx $10,000
Bachelors Degree - Apprx $40,000
Years of Debt while earning commuter pilot wages - $10,000
A US Airways seniority number - $ self-respect, dignity, a house in Coraopolis
A US Airways furlough notice - $ About six months flying at PSA Junior High

Finally finding a good corporate job and bidding farewell to an airline "career"? - Priceless.
Let me continue that for you....

Three years later that good corporate job turns sour when fuel prices skyrocket and earnings are down... Plane gets sold.. back on street..

Fly for freight outfit...see world....get furloughed..

Back looking at what USAir is doing and recall schedule while hoping that you can avoid hauling passengers again??........Oh the agony!!!!:eek:

You gotta see the full story to have the proper perspective on things! Beer fishing and women......yep now that is priceless!:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back