• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More US Air recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that's interesting. 25 a month huh? This is a huge dillema for those of us who have been on the street since 02'.

We have relatively little information to go on when making the decision regarding if and/or when to return.

If you have a stable job, is a return to US Airways nothing more than shiny-jet syndrome of another degree? This is going to be a tough one.

Yeah, 25/mo actually makes sense. The recent letter made it sound (IMO) as if they would begin to recall to cover attrition + they need to staff 1 E190 each month. Sounds like 25/mo would be actually a conservative figure especially if you include the West side. Not sure it's a huge dilemma, yet. Bypass is the name of the game because it is definitely a sister form of SJS I call BBAS (Bigger Bank Account Syndrome). Sounds great until you factor in risk and QOL!

Oh, and I believe age 65 is coming in the next year or two. That will quash all the current positive movement in the industry for a while:bawling:

I talked to Charmane today and she told me she initially sent out 150 letters. She recently sent out an additional 100 letters (250 total) and has not completed the recall process as of this afternoon. By my guess, 250 letters would put the junior guy to get a letter around July, 1989. Sure does seem to be taking a while to fill this one. It's only gonna harder i suppose...

With all the years that have gone by since we furloughed my best friend who is just about ready to upgrade to Capt. at another Major airline I sometimes wonder if I should have left along time ago.

Things just dont look that good in the left seat now for a guy trying to make a living in this mess of combined companies. Just my view... Good Luck to all....I really hope they change the policies on where my good friends would be recalled if they were going to be at all.

Latest resources

Back