• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More UAL layoffs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it is shocking to me (maybe it shouldn't be...) that a 2000 hire (nine years ago) is on furlough

I mean, we are talking almost ten years of service and still get furloughed.....

jeez

it is shocking to me (maybe it shouldn't be...) that a 2000 hire (nine years ago) is on furlough

I mean, we are talking almost ten years of service and still get furloughed.....

jeez

Well, minus the 3 year furlough from 03-06. A 2000 hire got maybe 10% up the seniority list before '03 furlough, which didn't turn out to be enough. During the "recovery" of '06-07, there we a few new hires, but I think there were more late '00 and '01 hires that didn't return, so a 2000 hire still didn't have much more than 10% below him in 2008...still not enough. As they say, timing is everything.

As bad as this seems, AAA guys hired in the late '80s got their second furloughs after 14 or 15 years longevity. They may see a third at the 20 year point if the company can't right itself.

Anybody know the furlough number totals and how far back the date of hire goes to the most junior pilot on property?

Anybody know the furlough number totals and how far back the date of hire goes to the most junior pilot on property?

If/when the company gets all the 950 active pilots (out of 1450 pilots on leave, etc.), it will probably work out to a mid-1999 hire.

It sucks so so bad.

For christ's sake!!! I would think a 1999 hire would pretty much be safe. What the hell has happened to our careers? Anyhow, probably going to be on the street this spring at CAL......what fun.

For christ's sake!!! I would think a 1999 hire would pretty much be safe. What the hell has happened to our careers? Anyhow, probably going to be on the street this spring at CAL......what fun.

Yikes! You know something you want to share...? When were you hired at CAL?

jeez

Add the age 65 to the mix and we are all screwed for another five years of furlough.

Latest resources

Back