• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More UAL layoffs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it was a unilateral move not voted on by the membership...the ol gun to head move to save the pensions...seriously nobody voted on it.

That's not true. In fact, none of the posts on this thread have accurately described how the UA pilots gave up scope.

The 70 seaters WERE NOT given away during the bankruptcy process, at least to the best of my recollection as it has been quite a while. The E170 was given away during the bankruptcy process, in my opinion in an error committed by our Master Chairman. The E170 give away was the only thing that wasn't voted on.

The company already had the authority to fly 70 seat jets by Contract 2000. In fact, if I remember correctly, Contract 2000 increased the ability of the company to fly 70 seat jets as one of the "gives" from the Union in the contract. In hindsight, it was obviously a mistake.

Last edited:
Ill clarify. There hasnt been information from the union on exactly what a furloughed pilot needs to do to gain access to the assistance at this time.

just got the email: UFB i guess they elected him b/c he has scwrewed united so much they want him to screw all the others as well: what confidence!!

On Thursday in Washington , D.C. , the board of directors of the Air Transport Association of America (ATA), the industry trade organization that represents the leading U.S. airlines, unanimously elected Glenn Tilton as chairman of the ATA Board of Directors. He will serve a two-year term.

"Glenn has proven time and again his strong leadership ability during the most tumultuous of times," said ATA President and CEO James C. May. "Under Glenn’s chairmanship, ATA will work vigorously with the new administration and Congress on a number of aviation priorities, including air traffic modernization, energy policy and the implementation of fair and practical environmental protection measures."

The ATA is widely recognized by Congress, the Department of Transportation, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of Homeland Security and other governmental and regulatory agencies as representing the collective interests of the industry. ATA works to foster a business and economic environment that promotes safe and efficient air transportation. The ATA has taken the lead on key issues facing our industry, including a campaign launched earlier this year to stop excessive oil speculation that was primarily responsible for driving up fuel prices, and efforts to modernize our air traffic control system and fairly fund our next generation ATC system.

"I am pleased to serve as chairman of the ATA, and along with my fellow directors look forward to partnering with the new administration and the Congress on initiatives that will further both the performance of the industry and the economic contribution to the U.S. economy," Tilton said. "Airlines are a driver of economic growth, contributing more than $1.1 trillion in value to the economy and creating more than 10 million jobs. With a modernized air traffic control system, we can deliver better financial, operational and environmental results to the benefit of our customers, our employees, our stakeholders and the communities we serve."

ATA members comprise the largest passenger and cargo carriers in the U.S. , including American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Federal Express, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, UPS Airlines and US Airways.

Ill clarify. There hasnt been information from the union on exactly what a furloughed pilot needs to do to gain access to the assistance at this time.

Agree. I have been on ualmec.com and alpa mec site

No specifics... all talk.

If I said anything to insult any of the furloughees on this board, I apologize publicly.

The ualmec.com website is closed for now. If you're trying to figure out how to collect on your ALPA paid health insurance, I would suggest the following:

1) call the furlough co-ordinator. If he doesn't answer, call him again.

2) Call your rep. If he doesn't answer, call him again and again.

3) When the ualmec.com forum get back up, ask there.

I suspect that they're still trying to set up the program as they just took the first $$ out of my last paycheck a few days ago. Obviously with the latest injunction their plate is a bit full. Give them some time.

Good luck.

Why would their plate be full because of the injunction?....don't call in sick if you are not, and don't organize sick outs....which we did not.....and no organized anti company actions...which we did not.

Thanks UAL,

No insult taken , Alot of us are frustrated and trying to support our families. Having United on our resumes doesnt help either. With the UAL board down its hard to keep in touch with the other guys.

Hey guys,

I have Todd C's cell phone number and its 815-815-xxxx. I'm sure he would just love me to post it. Honestly he did say he would send out a blast email to clarify the procedure for the Insurance stuff. I recapped it the best I could earlier in this thread.

Best of luck in the job search!

ualdrvr...I don't think you offended anybody.

I think their plate is full because they're trying to come up with plan B after the ruling :) I tend to agree with your assessment, but unfortunately the RLA (and the judge) says that the Union is responsible whether they organize it or not, which I agree UA ALPA didn't. The RLA sucks, is outdated, and maybe we'll see some changes in the next few years?

golfer, I think one of your digits is off by one number. Anyway, to contact TC who is the furlough co-ordinator, just use this format as I don't want to post his personal information on the forum:

[email protected]

Maybe when you guys get the scoop, you could post it here so that the other guys can read it, especially if our UA forum remains down for a while?

Do you guys have a lnk to that scope language, we are negotiating scope now at SWA and I would love to be able to compare the two.

Little late on that one guys - WestJet and Volaris broke that dam before it was built.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back