• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More TSA BS!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll be the first to admit that, over the years, the TSA has come up with some really pointless (lets make the dumb public feel safe) rules. This one though, I don't find all that bad. I dare you to go to any bar on a friday or saturday night and try to count on one hand the number of minors chugging down a cold one with a fake id in their pocket. ID's aren't too difficult to replicate. Lets face it. Our airline ID's aren't anything more than a piece of plastic with our picture on it. It wouldn't be too difficult to duplicate a crew badge that would look real. Especially at a quick glance from a distance through a plastic pouch.

Again, I'm NOT defending the TSA. I'm just saying that this particular rule isn't all that unresonable.

Although I think some of the TSA rules are ridiculous, I agree with you here. I don't think it's that big of a deal (dang! My honey is right.....the pregnancy hormones have made me "normal").

I really think they ought to combine this ID hand over with a sobriety test too. Like when Steve Martin had to walk backwards, cite the alphabet backwards and do flips too...

This all started when a regional FO in CLE photo copied his ID to use in his wallet instead of carrying around his ID at overnights, restaurants etc. He lost the real ID and was using the photocopy until he could pay for a replacement.

Go get em.

And do you think TSA actually trained their screeners how to spot a phoney ID... I would take a stab at no.. but it looks like they are doing more... All I need more useless window dressing...

I'm Nick Pappagiorgio, from Yuma. Last time I airlined in civvies the TSA dude checked my DL with a blue penlight or something similar. Guess it helps with the holograms most states use. Maybe they're cracking down on all IDs, not just crew.

Hay Alpa Where The F*** Is The Universal Access Id System You Promised

Yep, ALPA can just snap its fingure and make Washington jump.

I'm sure ALPA is doing the best it can on eliminating the hassle factor generated from Washington. With 14% of ALPA pilots contributing to ALPA-PAC I'm sure they have unlimited resources to fight this fight and the countless others in D.C.:rolleyes:

Yep, ALPA can just snap its fingure and make Washington jump.

I'm sure ALPA is doing the best it can on eliminating the hassle factor generated from Washington. With 14% of ALPA pilots contributing to ALPA-PAC I'm sure they have unlimited resources to fight this fight and the countless others in D.C.:rolleyes:

How long did it take for the rampers to get a pass around security?........ALPA cant use their PAC?
Excuses - thats all ALPA can give, What happened to "takeing it back"...its all for show and you think its because we cant fund a PAC.......

Latest resources

Back