More SWA Govt. Help...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haters-

cmon bill - why not luv us since we've been propping up wages while still holding a profit for a decade now-

you like to go way back in history when it comes to wages- then be fair and go way back in history with all the govt attempts to keep wn down

Wave...

We toss down on here often over stupid BS but I'll never argue your wages are up there and we SHOULD follow your lead.

History eh? So about that whole Love Field thingy, did you guys not know wayyyyy back when Herb spilled his Wild Turkey on that napkin that when you signed on the line that was dotted that DFW sold bonds to investors (capitalism) representing it as the intra-state airport? Love was meant to be a small local field and you guys sued to get the rules changed...... am I "Wright"? You guys run to the courts more often than an ambulance chaser.....all in the name of LUV (Cue Bono)......

Who's "you guys?" Air Force guys? We used to not make as much as Delta guys....but now a LTC makes much more than a Delta guy. I guess that's because we would never stand to pay cuts.

Anybody want to take this??

I just couldn't imagine a deployment with this tool....

Right Lumberg! How long was Delta on the Govt. Nipple?

Never....unless you are talking Military Charters or the times we were activated for the CRAF flying.....Did you guys answer that call to get people to the Gulf?? I figure you could get there in 5 stops, not unlike a tough junior schedule.

Who we kidding....they only called the people they could count on to move large aircraft.....737's weren't on the menu.

Other than that, I can't think of any other times we were on your Uncle Sam's teet.....

Last edited:
Anybody want to take this??

I just couldn't imagine a deployment with this tool....

Billy boy, You should have shown this much fire when you guys were giving away all of your pay to mgt. Then maybe AF guys wouldn't think your pay scales were a joke.

BTW, I hear a SWA FO make the same money a Song Capt makes flying the 737. Messed up....

Who's Song again? You are the only toolbag who brings it up on here......

You better hope you get a job soon Tanker, you live in a trailer and pretty soon you'll be FLYING out of one.....

Wave...

We toss down on here often over stupid BS but I'll never argue your wages are up there and we SHOULD follow your lead.

History eh? So about that whole Love Field thingy, did you guys not know wayyyyy back when Herb spilled his Wild Turkey on that napkin that when you signed on the line that was dotted that DFW sold bonds to investors (capitalism) representing it as the intra-state airport? Love was meant to be a small local field and you guys sued to get the rules changed...... am I "Wright"? You guys run to the courts more often than an ambulance chaser.....all in the name of LUV (Cue Bono)......

The bond was for CURRENT Love Field airlines and was indeed intended to force them to DFW. Why? To pay for it of course with taxes and fees. WN came into the picture AFTER the initial bond and was not required to sign.

Timing is everything. We could STILL go to DFW anytime we wanted. We don't WANT to. in 2014 we'll have another 100 reasons a day not to. :laugh:

Gup

Never....unless you are talking Military Charters or the times we were activated for the CRAF flying.....Did you guys answer that call to get people to the Gulf?? I figure you could get there in 5 stops, not unlike a tough junior schedule.

Who we kidding....they only called the people they could count on to move large aircraft.....737's weren't on the menu.

Other than that, I can't think of any other times we were on your Uncle Sam's teet.....

Well then I guess you forgot about that little period from 2005-2007. The one where "Uncle Sam" gave you protection from creditors, and helped you dump your debt's on the taxpayer. I would rather you just said "Thank You" to guy's like us, and go on your merry double breasted way.

Well then I guess you forgot about that little period from 2005-2007. The one where "Uncle Sam" gave you protection from creditors, and helped you dump your debt's on the taxpayer. I would rather you just said "Thank You" to guy's like us, and go on your merry double breasted way.

Really?? Is that how it was?? On the TAXPAYER???

Seriously, get an Effing clue before you try to debate on here with the adults. DIP financing was lined up by banking institutions who happily traded debt for equity. Most have been paid off and some are getting the juice while Delta pays it back. ALL PRIVATE......you Glenn Beck idiots think EVERYTHING is paid by the taxpayer now.....

Again, BANKS provided the cash, the law of this capitalistic (your buzzword) society was applied. If you don't like it, we could have put you people out of business in the late 80's if i weren't for those same anti-trust and consumer protection laws. Although, Delta never attempted to fight SWA,I'm not sure we could have won that fight, but AA tried.

Latest resources

Back