• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More SWA Govt. Help...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(Reuters) - United Airlines parent UAL Corp (UAUA.O) won U.S. antitrust approval on Friday to acquire Continental Airlines (CAL.N), a deal that will create the world's largest air carrier.

The Justice Department said it closed its investigation into the deal after the combining airlines agreed to give up some takeoff and landing rights at its Newark airport hub to low-fare carrier Southwest Airlines (LUV.N). (Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky and James Vicini; Editing by Gary Hill)

I wonder how much of this "Agreement" the Airlines actually had a say in.......Looks like another Government attempt to help prop up Southwest.

Oh well, maybe the pizza parties extend to the DOT and Justice Department.......I'll bet they love the big screen!!

Right Lumberg! How long was Delta on the Govt. Nipple?

I'm a CAL guy and I've got no problem with SWA in EWR. It will probably put more customers in our widebodies. Which will be a nice reminder for them that if they do more of their flying on CAL (soon to be UAL) their rewards will take them farther. This will be good for everybody.

It will be easy to spot the SWA passenger. They will be ones with grocery bags as carry-on baggage.

Hey... be polite.

Puerto Rican suitcase, please.

Gup

I was thinking more "Tommy Boy"-ish.

I've been to Puerto Rico, never saw anything that resembled a suitcase, and judging by all the trash by the streets, there are no trash bags either.

Lumberg is one to talk. Look at the Gub'ment help that Song got when they went through bankruptcy. Nothing like wiping out your debts, screwing your share holders, and raping the employees to get back on track. But I guess when it came to the pilots, you can't rape the willing. You boys love them pay cuts!

Clown,

I normally wouldn't waste a shot on a towed target like yourself, but Capitalism goes both ways.....if you guys want it like every SWA god-fearing soul does, then a Bankruptcy court comes along with it.

Lumberg is one to talk. Look at the Gub'ment help that Song got when they went through bankruptcy. Nothing like wiping out your debts, screwing your share holders, and raping the employees to get back on track. But I guess when it came to the pilots, you can't rape the willing. You boys love them pay cuts!

What were SWA payrates in 1980s, 1990s compared to the big guys. You guys started the whole thing. BARF

Who's "you guys?" Air Force guys? We used to not make as much as Delta guys....but now a LTC makes much more than a Delta guy. I guess that's because we would never stand to pay cuts.

Latest resources

Back