• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More SWA app Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I checked employed also. Not sure about the highest position though, I was an instructor/check airmen and I put instructor. The evaluator I thought was maybe a military designation.

I'll be at Air Inc on Saturday and HPA on Monday.... Lots of app questions that I'll try to get answers to.

Launchpad

Good idea about asking questions at the seminar!
That makes sense about the whole "employed vs. unemployed" section now that you stated it that way.

I too was a check airman and instructor, however I marked the Evaluator box since a check airman is essentially that. Not sure if that is correct or not.

I thought of another one too. I have 737 time from Delta, and under the flight time grid it asks if you were typed in aircraft flown..... Well, I wasn't at the time but I will be in 2 weeks from now, so do I go back and check that?

Ps, I'm not specifically referring to the "Do you have a 737 type" question if that makes any sense.

Launchpad-

For Military Types

Talked to LL for some friends, today, to ask about where to put Military Training A/C time (Turboprop/Jet versus Fighter/Bomber) on the app. Her answer was that ALL military training A/C should go under the Turboprop/Jet column and not the Fighter/Bomber column regardless of A/C. I specifically asked her and this includes T-34, T-6, T-37, T-38, T-45, T-2, T-1, T-44, etc.

She said they were going to remove the (transport/cargo) part to alleviate confusion. F-14, F-16, B-1, A-10, A-6 are the types of A/C they are looking for under Fighter/Bomber. Didn't ask about B-52's but I guess it starts with a "B" so go for it (then again, P-3's drop bombs and shoot missiles)! It did not sound like it made much of a difference. Maybe that column will be worth more points because those guys (fighters) get so few hours compared to everyone else.

Good luck all,
shootr

Last edited:
There isn't a place for the date. They are going to a "competitive" selection process to determine who gets interviews. (This differs from years past where it was "first in/first out")

It has been my understanding that the original date of application will only come into play if their is a virtual "tie." Meaning that two identical candidates are up for the same interview date, etc. and there is only one spot. It would then go to the fella with the earliest application date.

It might come into play a little later in the game if two candidates interviewed on the same day and were typed on the same day etc. It might be the determining factor for order in the hiring pool assuming all other things are equal. That would be huge assuming you made the last slot in one class and then another class did not follow shortly after. (you could actually go to work a long time before the next guy in line assuming classes were put on hold again. Ask the guy who was number one in the hiring pool and sat around for a year!)

This is just my opinion on how the original app date might affect things. I have not been told this specifically by anyone in the PD, but have been led to believe this is the case.

Latest resources

Back