More SWA app Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Launchpad

I'll just list them, I have a few. Any responses are greatly appreciated.......

-Can you print the app after it's all said and done, to keep track of updates in the future?

-Regarding highest aircraft position in the flight time section, would instructor pilot be higher than Captain? There is nothing really for check airmen in that section. I was a check airmen/ioe instructor and also obviously a captain, not sure which box to check

-In the same section, it asks about aircraft history for the last 5 years. Then it asks for TT in said Aircraft. Would this be total time total time, or TT in this aircraft in the last 5 years?

-Regarding past employment it says to list all employers with no employment gaps... Then 2 lines later it says to list a reference for any unemployment periods greater than 11 months.... I have two, 1 month gaps....

Can't think of any others right now,

Thanks.

I can answer part of your questions:

To print the app after you're done, go back into the "Create/Edit Application" and print from your browser. It won't have all of the detail in some areas, but you can select the view detail on those items and do screen prints there.

Regarding Aircraft history, they want at least 5 years history of aircraft flown. If you flew an aircraft for 15 years, put in the date range of that 15 years and your total hours during that period, not just the past 5 years.

Regarding past employment, list the two one month periods so you have no gaps, but you do not need to list a reference for those since they were not over 11 months.

About the aircraft flown -- last five years -- comment.

I just completed my application and there was no mention of "last five years" regarding aircraft flown. Did you complete your application prior to the 14th? The ONLY statement about the last 5 years was with respect to residence; work history had a 10-year window; and aircraft flown was "every."

I know that they are still working out the bugs and this might have changed since the weekend.

Geez, that's interesting. I did my app on the 12th and under the aircraft section, they only wanted the last 5 years. I can't find anywhere where is says that now, even on the login page it says history of aircraft flown.... Do they really want to know about the cherokee 140 that I have 1.3 hours in from 10 years ago?

Thanks, maybe the online app is a work in progress.

Last 5 years....

I also finished today. I definitely read the part about providing AT LEAST the last 5 year's flying time. I just put in all the hours I had going back to '87 when I started. I don't see any reason to limit it to just 5 years.

Good luck to all in the rack 'n stack!
DR

Mine also said it wanted the time for only the past five years, so that is all I put. I filled it out on the 14th. What are most people putting down here? I am confused.

Thanks for any replys.

A couple of quick questions here---

I am assuming that when you fill out the "job history" section that the "Employed vs. Unemployed" is meaning that the old companies you worked for---you are no longer employed by them?
So you check the box marked "Unemployed"?

Also as for Position in Aircraft where I was a Check Airman, I marked Eval. Pilot. I am assuming this is the same thing?

Thanks for any replies and good luck to everyone out there.

I checked the employed boxes. I thought it was asking if you were going to fill out the "employed" section vs the "unemployed" section.

I also marked the employed box for jobs I no longer work at. Since they also ask for employment dates I figured that was the right thing to do.

Latest resources

Back