More Questions For Netjets Types...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FOAgain

Sorry, but I haven't been on this board in awhile, and am starting some research on the FRAX industry. 10 years at Eagle, and a possible sale have me contemplating my future, and trying to figure out just what it is that has kept me in the airlines.

I guess the big question is the schedule. 7/7 is pretty self explanitory, but the 15 day and the 18 day are a little fuzzy. Could someone post an example of these? I live in the DFW area, and have small kids that I like to be with, so would I ever see them?

I saw the payrates on http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com and was quite impressed, especially for first year dudes. Question is, what's a reasonable estimate of the actual year one pay? At AE, we are pretty crafty when it comes to maximizing pay using OT, TTOT, and regs while still maintaining 14-16 days off. Are there ways to increase pay over base salary and still get the time at home?

Thanks for the info.

The 15 and 18 day schedules as I understand them would be very similar to an airline schedule with x days on and x days off. 3 days, 4 days, etc...

The 15 and 18 day schedules as I understand them would be very similar to an airline schedule with x days on and x days off. 3 days, 4 days, etc...

I guess the question is how many days on/off. 4/4, 6/2 etc. Makes a big difference!

15 & 18

The Cliff Notes on the 15 & 18 day schedules:

The 15 day schedule is a reserve type schedule. You will work a max of 15 days for the month but the schedule is completely fluid and you need to check each day to see if you are working the next day. There are work rules about max trip lenghts and min days off.

The 18 day schedule is much like an airline schedule. You will get a hard schedule by the 15th of the month prior. We submit a preference form to designate certain days off, long tours vs short tours, etc. Trips will be anywhere from 4-7 days generally, adding up to 18 for the month.

Regarding the pay...I believe the average W2 is about 10% above base pay when adding in OT and holiday pay. For most of us, per diem adds extra bucks as you'll find most of your meals are supplied by the company crew meal program.

Good luck. This place blows away any regional.

last year I recieved just over $15,500 above my base salary "This does not include the bonus". So you have something to judge this by Last yr I transition from 6th yr Capt pay to 7th yr Capt pay.

The 7&7 schedule is great you should be home on time most of the time around 95% of the time is a guess. Of course some do like the other schedules for the $$$ or thats just what they like.

More 15- and 18-day info

The 15-day Flex schedule allows the company to work a pilot up to 15 days in a month. The maximum length of a tour is 5 days. The minimum amount of days off after a tour (regardless of length) is 3 days. The required participation level of the Flex is 10% of the pilots in a given fleet/seat combination. If not enough people volunteer for it, the Flex can be junior-assigned. This schedule pays 10% more than the 7/7 schedule does.

The 18-day Fixed schedule is purely voluntary except for instructor-type pilots. The maximum participation is 40% of the pilots in a given fleet/seat. (Don't confuse this with the 18-day Training schedule which is automatically assigned to new-hires until they complete IOE.) On the 18-day, you can bid for certain schedule features such as longer or shorter tours and/or to have certain days off. There's no guarantee that you'll get exactly what you bid but the "carrot" is there for the company to try to build good schedules lest people bid off of the Fixed. As for pay, the Fixed pays 21.6% more than the 7/7.

As for seeing your kids, remember that all commuting is done on your work days, on the company's dime. So don't worry about losing days for commuting as some people do in the 121 world. And with bases there in the D/FW area, you can choose what works best for you.

I hope that helps to answer your question.

Last edited:
The Cliff Notes on the 15 & 18 day schedules:

The 15 day schedule is a reserve type schedule. You will work a max of 15 days for the month but the schedule is completely fluid and you need to check each day to see if you are working the next day. There are work rules about max trip lenghts and min days off.

The 18 day schedule is much like an airline schedule. You will get a hard schedule by the 15th of the month prior. We submit a preference form to designate certain days off, long tours vs short tours, etc. Trips will be anywhere from 4-7 days generally, adding up to 18 for the month.

Regarding the pay...I believe the average W2 is about 10% above base pay when adding in OT and holiday pay. For most of us, per diem adds extra bucks as you'll find most of your meals are supplied by the company crew meal program.

Good luck. This place blows away any regional.

Hey thanks for the info. Sounds like it's a great place to work. My only concern is the schedule. I've gotten so spoiled by living in base and bidding short trips. I've done maybe 10 four day trips in the last 8 or so years. Everything else has pretty much been two day trips. 4-7 days at a time seems pretty tough, but I guess one gets used to it. If I was to move on to a legacy, I would be commuting, and gone 4-5 days a week too, so it seems comparable.

How many trips in the last year were more than 4 days for you? 50%? 75?

FO Again,

The 18 day schedule is a (voluntary) built schedule that you can put preferences in such as weekends off, short or long trips...these are only prefrences and no guarantee exists your schedule will be built like you wish. Understand you do not have to be on the 18 day schedule unless you bid the schedule...there is no junior assignment to the 18 day schedule.

The reserve is a 15 day max in one month...you will be out a max of 5on 3 off for any one cycle. You call the night before (1800) to see if you have a trip...no trip your off. Once a trip is assigned your out for 5 days. This one can be junior assigned but this has turned out to be a popular schedule by the first bid results.

The only way I know of to gain overtime is to bid schedules with holiday pay or pick up extended days. The duty hourly rate will just happen throughout the year... a conservative 10% additional pay will happen without any action.

I hope this helps.

Infoman

Guys,

Thanks for all the great responses. Can anyone give me an average trip length? Sounds like they can vary quite a bit from week to week, but I have to sell this to the old lady. She's used to me being home quite a bit, and helping out with the kiddos. She's a 9-5er.

How about upgrades? Are they quicker on certain a/c? Average time to upgrade?

What's the deal with the Netjets International thing? It's a different company? They hire without Gulfstream time? I noticed you send a resume to a different address.

I have a 737 type, and wonder if that will be an issue during the interview.

FO Again,

I think you are asking if you will get home mid tour or not... if you are schedule out you will most likely be out all 7 days without a night at home. Me I am on the 7/7 and I will be gone on Thur and home on Wed like clock work. I will than have 7 off.

Upgrades are approx 4 years from what I currently see on the bids.

NJI is sister company that has 250-300 pilots that may be merged into the list. Currently all FO's are to come from our list through bid.

No problem with737 type.

Infoman

Latest resources

Back