• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More propoganda from Freddy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't work at Comair but I'm starting to wish I did. $37 per hour would be really nice right now. It sucks to still be starving AFTER you reach 2nd year pay.

StaySeated said:
Oh my god I can already see the nerds running around this plane with their digital cameras and pushing each other to get in and sit in their cool new plane.

This is a classic used car sales ploy. Instead of taking the car for a test drive, you tell the sucker, er buyer, to take the car home for the night. "Put her in your garage, drive it to work in the morning". They go home and pick up the wife in the new car and the sale is done right then and there. Fred is fishing for 51% and he knows he already has all the poor bastards on reserve. What makes this whole thing pathetic is that it will probably work. What the heck, a two or three year pay freeze isn't a concession even though it takes tens of millions of dollars directly out of your pocket.

Like totally dude! My question is is if you have a job at Comair already, why the fu$% would you take a pay freeze to get more airplanes? I know, I know schedulng QOL blah blah blah....but still it is crazy

It will be interesting to see if the Comair pilots trade pay for growth. How many posts have been on this site about Comair pilots complaining that other regional pilots are doing this?

I hope they don't give in. Please listen to your peers and don't do it. It won't help you in your careers at all.

It will be interesting to see if the Comair pilots trade pay for growth. How many posts have been on this site about Comair pilots complaining that other regional pilots are doing this?

The complaints I see are that other pilot groups are undercutting us for growth. If there were another group making more than us who wanted to trade a bit of that industry leading margin for growth, I wouldn't complain.

Of course, if that were the case, we probably wouldn't even be asked to!

Our problem is kind of the same as the mainline had. Every one else is flying for less ie undercutting us. At some point in time the downward pressure on wages catches up to you, and you are forced to follow suit. What is the difference in pay for 7 year 70 captains? I believe I saw something like $10/hr between us and the next in line. If we take the freeze and get the planes, in 2 years we still make $3/hr more than any body else. You see what happens when nobody backs you up when you raise the bar? I've never been too critical of any contract except Mesa. Even then I've shied away from denigrating individual pilot's, but don't expect that CMR pilot's can play Atlas alone forever. You folks in the other airlines need to go one better than us just one time and we would not have to go through this! JMO.

A five-year CRJ captain with an anniversary date of July 1 who remains in that position will enter the pay freeze at the five-year pay scale of $68.13. At years six and seven, the pay scale would remain at $68.13. When the freeze ends and longevity resumes, at his anniversary date the captain would receive a rate of $70.23, which would be the next longevity bump.

That sounds like a pay cut to me. With a three year freeze, going from 5 to 8 years with the company, you end up with 6 year pay? Tell me how that is not a cut?

ExFokkerFlyer said:

That sounds like a pay cut to me. With a three year freeze, going from 5 to 8 years with the company, you end up with 6 year pay? Tell me how that is not a cut?

Exactly. Freddy thinks the pilots are too dumb to realize that.

ok, here is the deal. I work for the Delta owned company out of Atlanta and all of, if not everysingle instructor I have had for all of my ratings works for COMAIR. From what it sounds like with this day and age It is not a bad deal he is offering. First of all I am the kind of guy who says and beleives in the term called "FLY THE CONTRACT". Now the deal is if unless COMAIR and ASA wants CHQ to get all of the growth like they are getting from business point of view the pay freeze is not looking bad deal at all. And the reason I say this Look at ASA the negotiations are getting played by the Managment. I mean If you look at the overall PAY RATE for CHQ and ASA the CHQ guys become CPT in two years and make more then us ASA folks anyways. So I say take the pay freeze and take the planes instead of some one else outside of the family getting them. thats my thougths.

capt. megadeth said:
Like totally dude! My question is is if you have a job at Comair already, why the fu$% would you take a pay freeze to get more airplanes? I know, I know schedulng QOL blah blah blah....but still it is crazy

What makes you think CMR pilots would get a raise or QOL improvements if they reject this deal?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back