More propoganda from Freddy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
It is the "other regional pilots" who have made all this possible with their pathetic contracts thrown in our faces........Ever think about that?

It is funny that if you guys vote "YES", you will be "other regional pilots".

I agree that there are some pathetic contracts out there. It pisses me off that there are not enough regional pilots with the nuts to vote NO. I don't know how the Comair pilots did it, but it needs to happen again, to some other regional. The regional pilot group needs a wake up call.

Guys are just too tempted with the carrot (growth), because everyone wants more people behind them. That is why Comair will end up taking concessions, and the gap between Comair and the rest of us will slowly decrease (unforunately).

not talkin' bout Delta

>>>I would urge you to leave the 737 et al "rumors" out of the debate. The 737's rightfully belong to the Delta pilots and any effort on our part to infringe on their terrority would be dead wrong.

I was referring to Mesa. Some of their 90 rates are below our 40/50 rates. Just immagine what their 737 (the rumored donestic narrowbody AC) rates would be. I agree with you about Delta's rightful claim to the 737 relative to our discussion.

Meanwhile, patiently waiting for our MEC & negotiating team to do the "cipherin" and let us know what's what.

P38JLightning I was referring to Mesa. Some of their 90 rates are below our 40/50 rates. Just immagine what their 737 (the rumored donestic narrowbody AC) rates would be. I agree with you about Delta's rightful claim to the 737 relative to our discussion.[/quote said:
Thanks. For a while there you had me worried.

Meanwhile, patiently waiting for our MEC & negotiating team to do the "cipherin" and let us know what's what.

I'm afraid it's going to take more than "cipherin" to give this one wings. 'Tain't much different than the last one at this point.

Yes it is!

I'm afraid it's going to take more than "cipherin" to give this one wings. 'Tain't much different than the last one at this point.

It is a lot different. The last one wanted a reduction in pay with no guarantee of aircraft and RR was involved. Ya! This one needs a lot of explaining, but it is very different, has a retro clause and Fred is involved.;)

Tim47SIP said:
It is a lot different. The last one wanted a reduction in pay with no guarantee of aircraft and RR was involved. Ya! This one needs a lot of explaining, but it is very different, has a retro clause and Fred is involved.;)

This one has a reduction in pay with a promise of new aircraft; there are no guarantees. That's the same as the last one. There is no "retroactive", there's a snap-back, but the details of the snap-back are nebulous at best.

I think "a lot different" is the rhetoric, not the substance.

Remember we DON'T know the details yet so we don't definitively know if it's an actual "reduction" in pay or something else, or if it's a "promise" verus "guarantee". Our MEC and Management is working on all of the details. Until then we can surmise that it is but we just don't know the facts yet!!!

Skyslug,

We are due for a raise on 6/22/05 and it's a pretty hefty one. If we we don't get it because we make a deal, that will be a "reduction in pay". Calling it anything else is semantics.

Like you said, we just don't know the facts. What fascinates me is that something that contains no facts is getting so much attention.

As a general rule, when something appears to be "too good to be true", it almost always is. Let's hope this turns out to be the proverbial exception.

Tim47SIP said:
Sinca,
Comair taking the deal (if legit) will not hurt us at all. Delta was trying to get a reduction in pay from our Comair friends. This freeze tells us that Delta is OK with that level of compensation-leverage!.

Well I think on one hand you are right. The "pay-freeze" if that's all it is, is a sign that the current comair wages aren't unsustainable. What bothers me is that no increase in wages of longevity or yearly raises is a pay cut! The national cost of living increase alone is 3%. The manament team at Comair can't promise anything to the pilots/fa's. Just like DAL couldn't promise no furloughs to the now furloughed DAL pilots!

We may not be able to match Comairs rates as they have a slightly lower CASM than we do, but we should be able to get fairly close.

If ASA managment would do their jobs our CASM would be as low or lower than Comair's CASM. That isn't our job or concern. We are hired to fly the a/c from A-B safely. Managments, at all airlines, job is to run the airline....keep cost down, increase productivity, trim the fat where able! If the mgrs would worry about other areas they have control over other than the employees compensation, this industry would really shine!
They just pick at the easiest target!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back