More NetJet App Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

J D

After reading most of the threads on here, I still had a few questions on the application process. Thanks in advance for any insight given...

1. Is the 1.2 military conversion applied to only your grand total or on the breakdown of your times as well? i.e. M/E Turbo/Jet, PIC/SIC etc. I meet all of the stated the requirements without the conversion but if I can apply it I will.

2. Are miltary guys/gals required to fill out the Employer Request Forms for pilot employment positions? I get the impression that this is former civilian jobs? What did you military guys do?

3. How far back should I take my DMV report? My state gives me the option in 5 year increments? I have one ticket on my record about 15 years ago.

Thanks again!!
JD

I can only answer #3. They want a lifetime driving report. This doesn't mean they will penalize you for 15 year old ticket.

1. I believe I applied it to the breakdown as well as the total for all my military time.

2. I filled out the forms and sent them back in so it wouldn't hold up anything (In case they thought I was missing paperwork). And I think as a military person filling them out consisted of name and address. So they have them, they just don't do anything with them.

Thanks for the assist...app heading their way this afternoon. 1 strong internal rec...although because of my current AF job I lack recent experience and I'm afraid that may bite me.

Cheers,
JD

Lack of recent flying experience is one reason why they will decline to offer an interview to someone. Is there some way that you could get some flight time with your current assignment? Perhaps even a single-engine plane at a flying club or nearby FBO?

Actually I am currently on a flying assignment, unfortunately it is only day/vfr and only 10-15 hours per month. I do have access to a Frasca sim to keep my crosscheck alive.

I just hope this is enough. I did have a bud hired straight off of staff tour and he only had a few hours C182 time in his last 3 years.

Thanks

JD, where did you get the info on the military conversion time? I didn't see that on the app I downloaded off the web site. I meet all the mins without it, but still curious. . .

jaholdaway,

The military conversion time was in the instructions for the application packet I was sent via the mail.

"Military may use a 1.2 conversion -- Total aircraft time X 1.2 "

Hence my original question, should I use the conversion for the breakout of my times vice just my total time.

Good luck to you,
JD

Latest resources

Back