• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Mesaba News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frankly, I'm more worried about the fact that NW hasn't secured DIP financing yet. No one wants to throw their money at NW when there are WAAAAYYY too many variables still out there. Things take a bad turn pretty quickly with out that.

I believe NWA is self-financing their own bankruptcy. They don't need DIP financing in traditional terms. It's unusual, but I think that's the case.

Xjetdog, you are exactly correct. NWA is in fact financing their own bankruptcy. Beyond that, because NWA is in bankruptcy, NWA's credit worthiness actually goes up. In that light, securing more money beyond the bankruptcy (for example, securing additional 70-100 seat aircraft) will make the bankruptcy go a whole lot smoother than otherwise. Unfortunately for labor, it won't seem any different :(

Crunk,

I believe you asked why or how would NWA pilots walk if newco flying went to someone else. Easy - they have 2 options first negotiate a new deal with NWA mgmt - they won't agree to anything that doesn't grant them sole rights to fly Newco's 100 seaters, if NWA mgmt refuses to negotiate this deal then the Judge will force a contract on them. If this new deal forced on them has no Newco flying the pilots have the right to Strike NWA.

Ok ok, here's MY perspective... John Spandex was so furious after the Q&A portion of the conference call that he decided to up the stakes by announcing the possible parking of more Saabs. It's his way to tell the DTW and MSP CA's to piss off for asking the wildly humorous questions about how he can sleep at night. I especially liked how he never actually answered the question regarding the "promise" not to accept any bonuses for labor concessions. He got his panties in a bunch and the latest letter is his way of telling the pilot group where to stick it..... I can only hope we have another conference call in the near future, I'll bring the beer you bring the questions!!

If NW isn't planning on acquiring DIP financing, why is NW ALPA so concerned about it? They stated that if NW doens't acquire that financing, there is the possibility that they will utilize 1113(e). If I'm not mistaken, that's the section that allows immediate contractual action to be placed on the employees inorder to avert Chapter 7...

Damn Pilots

Spandex inner thoughts:

They told me when I left my dispatcher job for this Pres/COO position that all these pilots are stupid and wouldn't ask any questions! I can't beleive this! They actually are figuring things out for themselves! I better do what the big-man tells me and try to scare them some more.

"Alright - Now NWA is INTENDING to TERMINATE the leases on all the Avros and 49 Saabs leaving Mesaba with a total fleet of 16 aircraft. This is not the fault of NWA who quit paying us what they said they would; this is the fault of all the Pilots getting paid too much." I always KNEW those pilots were just unwanted expenses.

"I understand how this information creates anxiety as well as the spread of rumors – I urge you to do your best to stay focused on operating a safe and reliable airline."

John Spanjers
President & COO

Now THAT should do it. Now they should stop asking questions that make my brain hurt and just take it like a man... in prison! HEHEHEHEHE :pimp:

Jimdandy said:
If this new deal forced on them has no Newco flying the pilots have the right to Strike NWA.

You have something there, Jimbo! I guess I might just have to agree with JPAustin, that everything we will know will only come down from a judge.

But, I also like puzzles and wild speculation. Therefore, if you really read the 1113c (i.e. run it through a few scientific processes involving chicken entrails and tarot cards), you will come up with:

"Mesaba will fly SpaceShip2 for Virgin Galactic. Satan Banana."

SpaceShip2 would be cheap!!!

ImbracableCrunk said:
You have something there, Jimbo! I guess I might just have to agree with JPAustin, that everything we will know will only come down from a judge.

But, I also like puzzles and wild speculation. Therefore, if you really read the 1113c (i.e. run it through a few scientific processes involving chicken entrails and tarot cards), you will come up with:

"Mesaba will fly SpaceShip2 for Virgin Galactic. Satan Banana."

Well, paying labor costs for SpaceShip2 would be rather easy AND cheap... the motors are only turning for a few minutes. Once the motors stop, you don't have to pay the pilot anymore! Afterall, that is the traditional logic for paying a pilot, by the hobbs meter, so it will take YEARS of union arbitrating to change that definition, and like scope, managment knows the pilots will pay up the nose for that kind of protection!

Latest resources

Back