Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly4hire said:
There are 6 clauses that restrict actions by the CAL Board without consent of
the NWA Board. The term is 25 years. (18 years remaining)
They can't be bought, merged, or parceled-out without NWA's consent. There
are also a couple of restrictions on stock transactions. NWA holds the spoiler trump card in this scenario. I'm sure it's for sale if the price is (very) high.

Don't forget NWA has 5th freedom rights from Japan onwards that cannot be transfered to another entity without being renegotiated with the Japanese, which is considered unlikely. These routes are a major attraction of NWA, and would likely result in them being the ones doing the aquiring vs. being aquired.

Personally I hope it's AMR, and then NWA ALPA could staple all the APA pilots, except for the Reno, TWA, etc. former ALPA groups that they would make whole. That alone would be worth it

BTW why are so many of you paying attention to anything written by Vaughn Cordell, notorious UAL Scab?

In today's corporate environment, everything is negotiable. If NW can't get itself out of the toilet bowl, they'll be a lot of things "negotiated."

mach none said:
There are no Virgins at Alaska. We all got screwed 5/1/05.
ZING!!!!!!!
mach none said:
Maybe Horizon will be flying Airbuses before too long.
See my avatar...and be afraid.
mach none said:
I have no doubt that our management is up to something. Virgin? Aloha? Frontier? All of the above?
I think you're right. And with Error at the helm, any such possibility scares the crap out of me. You KNOW he'll screw up any kind of move like that.

Fly4hire said:
Personally I hope it's AMR, and then NWA ALPA could staple all the APA pilots, except for the Reno, TWA, etc. former ALPA groups that they would make whole. That alone would be worth it

Yeah right, in your dreams. Like NWA even has the cash to dream about purchasing AMR. Keep smoking pal.

Maybe when AMR buys NWA, then you and I can rap about whether we even give you a staple job to begin with. Oh wait, that would be a "Windfall" for you guys, never mind.

arthompson said:
AMR's not in a position to buy anyone. You guys have hemoraged more red ink than NWA and thats quite a feat.

Quite a feat, huh? And what's even better is that AMR has turned that "feat" into more than $4B cash on hand. So yeah, we probably can't buy anyone, but NWA definitely can't, either.

aa73 said:
Maybe when AMR buys NWA, then you and I can rap about whether we even give you a staple job to begin with. Oh wait, that would be a "Windfall" for you guys, never mind.

Typical AMR arrogance. BTW, do the TWA pilots still have to wear that Star of David on their jackets?

Fly4hire said:
Typical AMR arrogance. BTW, do the TWA pilots still have to wear that Star of David on their jackets?

Naw, it's not that typical. It's only in response to the 2-3% of clueless pilots who like to try and stir the pot. We're actually a fun loving bunch, but even in fun we have to defend ourselves against the misinformed.

Later!

aa73 said:
Naw, it's not that typical. It's only in response to the 2-3% of clueless pilots who like to try and stir the pot. We're actually a fun loving bunch, but even in fun we have to defend ourselves against the misinformed.

Later!

Funny, when ever I have one of you guys on the JS and casually ask if they were former TWA the usual answer is some nonsense like "I'm a real American"

In regards to the fifth freedom rights, if NWA gets bought, couldn't the buying entity just call themselves NWA and keep those rights? Then they could do anything they want to the seniority list and keep the windfall. This is not a flame, just a question. Would they have ALPA as a default because the nmb has recognised ALPA as the bargaining agent for NWA or could they keep APA ( if AA was the buyer)? Any body know for sure?

It would up to the Japanese goverment to decide if the "new" NWA in that case was the legitamite<sp?> corporate successor to Northwest Orient Airways (the Name NWAs deals are signed in for those that don't know)

Latest resources

Back