More Mergers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly4hire said:
Funny, when ever I have one of you guys on the JS and casually ask if they were former TWA the usual answer is some nonsense like "I'm a real American"

Fly4hire,

I hear the same nonsense coming from you red tails and green books. I also hear it from ex TWA guys and ex OZ guys. In fact, you'll hear this exact same nonsense from just about any airline pilot group that's gone through a merger. Mergers/acquisitions create deep rifts between both pilot groups no matter how the integration went. There will always be the minority that can't let it go.

In my time at AA, I've found the same exact cross section of pilots you'd find anywhere. Great guys for the most, a few numb nuts, and a couple of psychos. (not to mention a public masturbator...)

I've had the pleasure of working with TWA pilots and I have to say they were a great group of guys for the most part. The only time you'll get resistance out of most AA pilots is when one of the few TWA guys start ranting about screw jobs, SNBs, yada, yada, yada. We've all heard it before and we're as ticked off as you are for the same reasons so get over it.

p.s. if you are on my j/s or vice-versa, you won't get any of that immature response, I treat my j/sers the way I want to be treated on their airline, which means a f/c seat if there's room.

aa73 said:
Yeah right, in your dreams. Like NWA even has the cash to dream about purchasing AMR. Keep smoking pal.

Maybe when AMR buys NWA, then you and I can rap about whether we even give you a staple job to begin with. Oh wait, that would be a "Windfall" for you guys, never mind.

NATZI'S

Heil Hitler!!

Later
:)

jetflier said:
NATZI'S

Heil Hitler!!

Later

Ya vol!

p.s. we roll our rollaboards with our left hands so that we can Salute with our right...:) they teach us that in new-hire class.

doh said:
In regards to the fifth freedom rights, if NWA gets bought, couldn't the buying entity just call themselves NWA and keep those rights? Then they could do anything they want to the seniority list and keep the windfall. This is not a flame, just a question. Would they have ALPA as a default because the nmb has recognised ALPA as the bargaining agent for NWA or could they keep APA ( if AA was the buyer)? Any body know for sure?

Doh,

It doesn't work like that. The 5th freedom rights, along with a substantial number of other Japanese passenger and frieght rights are tied directly to the NWA "corporate entity" as it currently stands.

The Japanese were VERY annoyed when the PanAm rights got sold off willy nilly, and the language in the NWA agreement is airtight from what I'm told.

To truly understand NWA's position in Japan, you have to understand that the 5th freedom rights, history of operation, coupled with the frieght and trans-pac pax traffic make NWA essentially a "domestic" (in corporate terms, not flight ops) Japanese carrier. In fact, all the business NWA does in Asia is in the yen.

Nu

jetflier said:
NATZI'S

Heil Hitler!!

Later

Someone told me that the reason they were called the Sky Nazis was because they used to "feed" the Hindenberg (blimp, probably misspelled) with Ford Tri-motors. No Shiznet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Someone told me that the reason they were called the Sky Nazis was because they used to "feed" the Hindenberg (blimp, probably misspelled) with Ford Tri-motors. No Shiznet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ahhh, the irony of that is that they are mostly filled with gas...

Nu

The one thing NWA and AA have in common is old, ugly, fat, and mean as hell flight attendents. Some nasty creatures in the back of those aircraft.

AMR fawqed up. Period.

AMR bought TWA because they felt they needed a dance partner during the UAL/USAir merger talks. Like many regional mindsets today (race to the bottom), AMR's mindset at the time was race to be the largest. I do not buy what AA employees say (if we didn't buy them they would have gone out of business) to defend the overwhelming majority of TWA employees getting screwed up the a$$ with the mighty fist of AA labor groups. I am not ex TWA btw but in the AMR family. If TWA was going out of business like many AA employees said they were AMR should have waited and purchased their assets like AMR did during the Eastern garage sale.
AMR never wanted TWA employees, equipment, or problems. Just a few airplanes, part of their hub and gates, and routes. Now they got rid of the employees, most of their equipment and have a small hub in STL.

Latest resources

Back