• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

More layoffs at CS!

GSXR600

Total Time
.1solo
Is this ever going to stop?
anyone have the real numbers?
Another sad day for our fracs. Sorry for all affected by this. Let's all hope the best to come!

rigger

Total Time
8000+
24 pilots for a total of 48 since Dec. 15 downgrades. 23 office staff this time around not sure about last time. Brings the DOH of the last furlough to 3/2/08. last on the list is now 1/27/08

J.Otto

Total Time
i hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but this sector is very not immune to economic troubles.... not profound i know, but it seems like fracs are famine or feast..

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
No kidding. It's only going to get worse. The slow season has just begun.

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
Flex laid off the last bunch (60) in anticipation of the slow season. Hopefully, your 24 are also in anticipation, and this is the last go. I don't know what else to say except I'm sorry.

CALRepublic

Total Time
plenty
this sector is very not immune to economic troubles.... not profound i know, but it seems like fracs are famine or feast..

It looks that way on the surface but if we compare the amount of furloughs at fracs vs airlines (proportional wise) you'll notice the fractionals are actually not that bad...........

wingslevl

Total Time
7000+
It looks that way on the surface but if we compare the amount of furloughs at fracs vs airlines (proportional wise) you'll notice the fractionals are actually not that bad...........

A true statement indeed, but try telling that to the guys who are furloughed. Myself included. From where we stand it looks like the only light in this tunnel is coming from the train that just ran us over.