• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
Straight from SGU:
3 GECAS (former Independence) CR2's that are already on property will be put in use in July. The first 705 is scheduled for delivery in August (that's firm) with an unknown number to follow later. Hiring 40 a month through at least July. Official minimums are still 600/100.
Skywest Inc. also reported an income of $.57 a share, a 80% increase over last year.

There are no 705's coming to SkyWest Inc. Yes, I would agree that the CRJ 900's will be on property very soon. But you won't see a 705.

Smoked Toilet said:
There are no 705's coming to SkyWest Inc. Yes, I would agree that the CRJ 900's will be on property very soon. But you won't see a 705.
A 705 is a CRJ-900 that is marketed by Bombardier for 70+ seats instead of 85+ seats.

Last edited:
SiuDude said:
Straight from SGU:
3 GECAS (former Independence) CR2's that are already on property will be put in use in July. The first 705 is scheduled for delivery in August (that's firm) with an unknown number to follow later. Hiring 40 a month through at least July. Official minimums are still 600/100.
Skywest Inc. also reported an income of $.57 a share, a 80% increase over last year.

And as I just said on the skywest thread, our management has been running around in the crew lounges saying the planes are coming to ASA. We need to put on a poker face and tell management that we don't care where the planes go, and that we won't bid against each other. And y'all need to get on board with the union before you get rolled again like the 70 seat pay issue.

SiuDude said:
A 705 is a CRJ-900 that is marketed by Bombardier for 70+ seats instead of 85+ seats.

Close. It also has aerodynamic tweaks to make it more profitable for longer range flights. Notice the winglets are angled out a bit more and I hear there are a lot of differences in the wings.

A 705 is a different type rating. don't exactly know why, it is.

Mookie

Same type

SiuDude said:
Hiring 40 a month through at least July. Official minimums are still 600/100.

Does anyone without an aviation degree (just a B.A.) actually get on with those times.

40 a month seems very healthy too.

TOOL CRIB said:
Close. It also has aerodynamic tweaks to make it more profitable for longer range flights. Notice the winglets are angled out a bit more and I hear there are a lot of differences in the wings.

The winglets may be a bit different, but if you think Bombardier redesigned
the wing just for this aircraft, then I have a bridge I will sell you. I will bet
the wing is the same as the 900.

Latest resources

Back