• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is this topic turned into a family battle........let's go back to the original post pleaseeee!!...........Anyone have the latest and greatest about those training slots for september? Did they really laid off flight attendants as well?

Out on the road today and I heard some ramblings about these training slots. I can't confirm if the story about those slots is even true and no one else has said who even originally brought that up. If it is true it could only mean they are recalling because the story I heard was they were for initials. I guess it could be for fleet changes or maybe the 60 is going to be gone??? Who knows.

As far as Mr. DirtyBeech goes all I will say is this, anyone who states his current position as Defending the Frontier from Zur and the Kodan Armarda is just the type of person I want telling me what and how to fix all that is supposedly wrong at FlexJet. Being called a Toolbag from in inmature dweeb like him I'll take as a compliment.

Let that seasoned immaturity shine through. A toolbag doesn't understand the avatar or the information listed under it, isn't smart enough to google it to see if he's insulting someone, and pulls out the 50's era "dweeb" remark. Yup. You're a toolbag. Or ******************************nozzle. It's interchangeable. really.

A toolbag doesn't understand the avatar or the information listed under it, isn't smart enough to google it to see if he's insulting someone...

I never pay attention to avatars -- most of them on here are bound to make a gal self concious and I have always figured most of the hours and ratings at least in the fractional section are fictionalized for discretion. But John's rant and your response forced me to take a look and a google.

Not only are you pretty funny but apparently quite subtle in your reasoning and sources.... It was an aha moment... I hope I am not over intellectualizing the subtext of the xur but it lends a whole new perspective to your voice. You know of what you speak don't you?

Huh, I always liked you as dirtybeech but now that I understand I feel like I'm supposed to hate you ;-). I will from now on refer to you in my head as Rumford, a subtext only chicks would get, so your secret is safe with me...

Art, you and I don't always agree but you just have to take it on faith that some of us are are here to look for solutions, some of us are here to vent, some for answers and some of us are just bored.

But unfortunatly you will always have some that use the board as another way to suck up to management by not so artfully disclosing just enough info to make one easily identified and then they ALWAYS following up with pro-managament, lump it or leave it, Unions SUCK rhetoric.

Do a little flightinfo research (oh, say about 2 years ago) and then tell me if you've ever wondered about how some current management were able to secure their jobs even though they had expressed a desire to move forward from Flex but then reconsidered after their avenues were declined. I'm not saying he's doing a bad job, just saying I find it funny that one minute you are wanting to leave and then the next minute wanting to lead so badly you are willing to stab a friend in the back to get there. Yes, it looks like some are on here just to make sure they are in line to get the next ACP job. It looks like it'll be a long wait before y'all are able to rid yourselves of the most useless ones. Some at the Waterview are great, and in a strange way I think even DG is fairly good at what he does and not as anti-pilot as one might think (in a Santulli-esque kind of way).

Come on, y'all know I'm speaking truth on some of this... I might not know everything, but I know enough. Pilots are a chatty bunch, especially about things they aren't supposed to talk about...

Why is this topic turned into a family battle........let's go back to the original post pleaseeee!!...........Anyone have the latest and greatest about those training slots for september? Did they really laid off flight attendants as well?

They laid off 3 FAs last friday. They were in the group that was hired in the winter. I spoke to 2 of them and they were pretty surprised to get laid off.

So they had no warning that it was coming? If so, that makes it even harder...:(

I wish them luck. Finding a replacement job in this economy can be difficult.

As far as Mr. DirtyBeech goes all I will say is this, anyone who states his current position as Defending the Frontier from Zur and the Kodan Armarda is just the type of person I want telling me what and how to fix all that is supposedly wrong at FlexJet. Being called a Toolbag from in inmature dweeb like him I'll take as a compliment.

Let that seasoned immaturity shine through. A toolbag doesn't understand the avatar or the information listed under it, isn't smart enough to google it to see if he's insulting someone, and pulls out the 50's era "dweeb" remark. Yup. You're a toolbag. Or ******************************nozzle. It's interchangeable. really.

I forgot who I was posting to, I'll try to explain. It's you who did not understand Mr. Dirty. i was simply stating that a grown man who fantasizes about being in a Cheesy "B" space movie from the eighties flying around in his Gunstar with a lizard headed space man while a robot facsimile is on earth given it to his girlfriend and they all live in a trailer park and where the only qualification to be a Gunstar pilot is to score above a specific amount on a coin operated video machine put there by a man from the future named Centari seems to be living in a dream world. I mean my god man, are you that clueless to think that only you would know about that stupid dud of a movie? If you spent as much time, effort and thought as it must of took to size and import that Avatar into the thought process of your posts, you might actually make some sense.

Tell Greeg, Lewis and Maggie hey when you see em !@#che Bag.

You, Costanza, Petey and Flexwife can have this forum, cause trying to converse with the likes of you all is in the words of the BORG is Futile.
I'm going back to my place in top 1/4 of the seniority list where know nothing Vandalay thinks I'm flying the 604, scarfing up all the overtime i can get while I simultaneously stick it to all you poor abused junior guy's. Maybe someday, just someday you'll nutup and realize you don't have it all that bad. But you wont, it's not in your nature to. You wont be happy until everyone around is as miserable as you, Your type shouldn't have to work or earn anything, it's should just be handed to you on a silver platter.

I am activating the Death Blossom now, sooo long.

Hey John, calm down dude--way down. Concievably everyone is really on the same side with a common goal, we just all have different ideas on how best to get there.

At the risk of getting blasted, your attitude isn't really helping people to your side, which based on what you write your ultimate goal is to help people see a different way.

Personally I am all about facts, history and sometimes statements. If people here have misrepresented Flex in any of those categories, then you should call them out on it. The problem is there is a lot of ranting but no real challenge to prove that we are wrong and you are right. How about instead of making fun of people (while sometimes appreciated and tolerated) you propose solutions? Also, be consistent in your statements--you have been wildly all over the map.

Also, just FYI you are taking the dirtybeech thing way too seriously. I believe he is using the movie and characters as a metaphor not a fantasy. It's actually quite brilliant if you'd take a step back and think it through.

Obviously you are a smart, talented asset to the pilot group. Can I ask that you use your skills and brains to help work for a solution that benefits everyone? Thanks!

Last edited:
So they had no warning that it was coming? If so, that makes it even harder...:(

I wish them luck. Finding a replacement job in this economy can be difficult.

NJW,

there was some warning that more cuts were going to be made with a deadline on the decisions who being last friday. I don't remember the exact language if the letter but the big cheese made it sound like these were all office layoffs and that the flight crews were safe for now. I think he even said flight crews were safe for the rest of the year barring no more scary economy crud. Now maybe he didn't mean to intimate that FAs were safe, but I think that's why they were surprised.

I still have not heard, and I usually hear something, about who else was let go. It is curiously quiet with that info.

Thanks for being concerned and curious. Every little bit helps especially from someone whose been around the fractional block a few times.

Boy, it's like clubbing baby seals with you John. Just too darn easy. Either you were a big fan of a 20+ year old cheesy science fiction flick and remembered far too much information (I couldn't have named anyone other than the main character without help), or you did the toolbag thing and went to IMDB, summarized the plotline, and then came here acting like you knew something about a flick in order to throw insults at a persona on an internet BBS. We'll go with option B. It would be fun to go to IMDB and see if you didn't just copy that tripe down word for word.

In an interesting bit of projection you've somehow theorized that people fantasize about their made up personas on said message board. Fits right in with your burning need to tell others about your TT, type ratings, and seniority position. Good thing you didn't take your persona from a cheesy action flick involving a cop defeating high tech bank robbers on Christmas or anything. Nope. You've cemented toolbag status alright.

Now run along, and take that fat paycheck that comes with your irrepresible urges to brag about your experience and company position, and buy yourself a pecker pump. It's clear that in addition to maturity and cognition, you're lacking in other areas as well.

NJW,
you're fighting a losing battle. We'll never have a union at Flex. Too many John McClains running around. This site is now mostly for finding out the info and gossip that people will never put on the BB.

Latest resources

Back