More Eagle Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eagleatr

Just read on the AE ALPA site that the company has sent out more furlough letters. Don't know how many, but apparently the effective date is March 17. Look out now.....

I think the rats abandoning ship are swimming past me now... :eek:

Just Remember that mgmt is doing this not AA pilots. PEople are getting furloughed left and right. Eveybody is just trying to protect their own.

This company sucks. I can't believe I ever actually wanted to work there. With how inept management is at thinking "long-term", I'm surprised that they're still in business. Sorry more of you will be joining my sorry ass on the street. Hey, when things are going bad, why is it that the management types aren't canned?????:eek: Being as how they're supposedly in charge, they should take some of the heat for this mess also. It's not as if they're irreplaceable or even wanted!

I would like to second FLYnMONKEYS remarks. This is NOT APA's fault. There is a reason they wanted this in their contract. They were smart enought to see the writing on the wall. Only thing that p!sses me off is the fact that AMR honors their contract, while violating ours at will. WTF???:mad:

If AMR would take their big, fat egotistical heads out of their arses and take a seat at the table, we could work this out. They would rather park every Eagle aircraft, furlough every Eagle employee and lose the subsequent millions in revenues, than deal with the APA. They're afraid they might have to give them something. It's much easier for them to sit back, watch the demise of Eagle as we know it, and blame it all on the APA. Morons:rolleyes:

"I would like to second FLYnMONKEYS remarks. This is NOT APA's fault."

Well thank you. For those of you who don't get it here it goes. I'm furloughed, out on the street, no money, no travel bennies, and no free hotel pens! The thought of Eagle expanding while I'm out on the street makes me want to puke. The scope is in place to protect jobs at AA. Plain and simple. It's not about Eagle guys. APA is in the drivers seat on this issue as it's their negotiated right. If mgmt didn't want these problems they shouldn't have approved this in the scope language of the CBA. I'm looking forward to flying an RJ over at Eagle in the near future.

I'm furloughed, out on the street, no money, no travel bennies, and no free hotel pens! The thought of Eagle expanding while I'm out on the street makes me want to puke. The scope is in place to protect jobs at AA.
And you think it is working to protect your job? Cutting Eagle only cuts your feed and exacerbates the problems of restoring mainline operations.

Delta is using RJ's to preserve feed, market presence and route structure. Delta's cuts have been less severe than United's, American's, Northwest, or US Air. When the passengers return, Delta will be able to restore mainline operations faster because the infastructure is already in place and operational.

It amazes me that furloughed mainline pilots think that scope based on revenue seat miles, or block hours, works at all... The fact is that pilots at the least scope constrained airlines are doing the best right now.

None of the regional pilots are happy that mainline is furloughing. We would rather you be hiring additional pilots. Your nausea sounds as though it is induced by jealousy - however, you should realize that harming Eagle also harms you. You guys are in the same boat, riding the same tides.

Last edited:
FLYnMONKEYS,

I respect APA's concern and contract clause preventing Eagle from growing while AA has pilots on furlough but to hear you gloat about "looking forward to flying an RJ over at Eagle" at the expense of another Eagle pilot's job makes me want to puke.
Pi$$ on you guys.
This is not us against you. AMR should be parking the new aircraft in the desert just like everyone else is.

Eagleatr, the ALPA site makes no mention of additional layoffs. No mention of it on the company site either. What is your source for this? The last official news was that layoffs/recalls would be on hold pending resolution of the ASM cap issue.

Latest resources

Back