More Delta Trouble

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Now you are attacking the furlough coordinator, who is also furloughed and has a decent pay check. You are a classic Davie.

Bye Bye--General Lee

My apologies General Leo, to you and your yard boy.

I didn't realize that I was treading on such a sensitive topic. I guess you and LD (Mr. Monotone) are closer than I thought, if you know what I mean.

If I can avoid you and your 'parking lot committee', I'll see you at the Delta Shareholders' meeting on 19 May in ATL (you know, my $5B investment).

Last edited:
DaveGriffin said:
My apologies General Leo, to you and your yard boy.

I didn't realize that I was treading on such a sensitive topic. I guess you and LD (Mr. Monotone) are closer than I thought, if you know what I mean.

If I can avoid you and your 'parking lot committee', I'll see you at the Delta Shareholders' meeting on 19 May in ATL (you know, my $5B investment).

Won't you still be in the corner sulking during that time Dave? I was not furloughed, but I think LD is doing the best job that he can. Could you do better? Doubt it.

And, expect more recalls soon due to May retirements. But remember Davie, we are limited on sims thanks to all of the other training.....

Bye Bye--"General Leo"

DaveGriffin said:
No sh*t, General Leo.

Well, I guess I could have volunteered? Sorry I was hired in 96.....? Sometimes life tosses you a curve ball. Get back up there Davie and try to take another pitch----I bet this time you will hit it out of the park.......

Bye Bye---Uncle General Lee

General Lee said:
Well, I guess I could have volunteered? Sorry I was hired in 96.....? Sometimes life tosses you a curve ball. Get back up there Davie and try to take another pitch----I bet this time you will hit it out of the park.......

Bye Bye---Uncle General Lee

Great advice from a guy with a paycheck, who keeps reminding the furloughees what a great effort all the seniors have made on the the furloughs behalf.

Your BS stinks, whether you realize it or not.

Thanks so much, to you and your yard boy.

DaveGriffin said:
Great advice from a guy with a paycheck, who keeps reminding the furloughees what a great effort all the seniors have made on the the furloughs behalf.

Your BS stinks, whether you realize it or not.

Thanks so much, to you and your yard boy.

Say again? The seniors have done more this time than the other major furlough in the early 90's. Not much you can do when Leo Mullin decided 400 would go on Nov 1st, 2001. He also parked a bunch of 73S Express planes. What did you want the seniors to do? They offered Cobra and they fought for your return a couple times. You have to come back in seniority order, and the recalls are coming back now as fast as Delta can train them, along with keeping the current planes flying after 1000 captain retirements. That is the way it is, and getting mad at the people who are still flying the planes so you can have a company to come back to is wrong. Sulking will not make it any faster.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
A fuel surcharge that sticks shatters your statement. We have had 3 so far, and more to come.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Higher ticket prices are good news..

But don't get too far from you ECON 101 book..

It will affect demand...
And capacity will need to be reduced..

8vATE said:
Higher ticket prices are good news..

But don't get too far from you ECON 101 book..

It will affect demand...
And capacity will need to be reduced..

I thought travel this Summer was going to result in the highest loads ever? There will always be a let down in September, but in the meantime I think Summer will support higher prices. And, if you voluntarily reduce capacity in one market, how do you know if another LCC (like Airtran in ATL) wouldn't increase capacity there?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I thought travel this Summer was going to result in the highest loads ever? There will always be a let down in September, but in the meantime I think Summer will support higher prices. And, if you voluntarily reduce capacity in one market, how do you know if another LCC (like Airtran in ATL) wouldn't increase capacity there?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I hope the traffic stays there..

But preserving or protecting market share (not reducing capacity while not charging enough to cover your casm OR not making your b/e load factor) is what got most of the industry to where it is now....

there is no doubt the airplanes are pretty full now....
hope that remains with the fare increases..

reminds me more of playing chicken in a car than anything else...
who blinks first..

??

8vATE said:
I hope the traffic stays there..

But preserving or protecting market share (not reducing capacity while not charging enough to cover your casm OR not making your b/e load factor) is what got most of the industry to where it is now....

there is no doubt the airplanes are pretty full now....
hope that remains with the fare increases..

reminds me more of playing chicken in a car than anything else...
who blinks first..

??

True. We all know loads will come down in September thru mid Nov, and then down until Xmas. It has been that way forever. September is the month Song brings in a lot of it's planes for MX, since we know it will be slower. And, as you can see, we just added another fare increase. I think people will pay whatever for Summer travel, but not after that. I guess it is smart to go ahead and try to capitalize on that now. We need the extra cash for SEP.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back