• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Delta MD90s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is your point? What about the rest of the paying folks in the back? What about the fact that you can take over 4 times the amount of people you can lift on a CRJ-200 and go non-stop for long distances.

RA mentioned in the conference call that he is effectively parking a lot of the regional jets. I am glad he is finally getting the picture. He knew it all along. I think he knows that he can't come to labor any more and he is going to have to cut costs elsewhere,

Glad to hear we are getting MD-90s for our operation. Makes a lot more sense.

I think you missed the point :) I was i was illustrating a point to a couple RJ guys that referred to us getting MD-90s as "buying more gas guzzlers." Which is obviously far from the truth as I pointed out how inefficent the burn on the CRJ is per passenger as compared to a 757 or MD-90.

You and I are on the same team and same point of view...

FWIW, I've heard for now these will not be growth airplanes, but replace MD-88s and DC-9's 1 for 1. Always subject to change, of course.

How bout you give me a smooth ride and not loose my bags when I'm forced to ride on your sorry a$$ed excuse of an airline. And keep the temp in the front rows comfy too.

At least their airplanes can carry the passengers' bags.......

AA:cool:

I think you missed the point :) I was i was illustrating a point to a couple RJ guys that referred to us getting MD-90s as "buying more gas guzzlers." Which is obviously far from the truth as I pointed out how inefficent the burn on the CRJ is per passenger as compared to a 757 or MD-90.

You and I are on the same team and same point of view...

FWIW, I've heard for now these will not be growth airplanes, but replace MD-88s and DC-9's 1 for 1. Always subject to change, of course.

Compare an MD-90 and a 757 burn per passenger seat. Using your logic, the MD-90 should stay in the desert because the seat burn is more than a

What would happen at your airline if you had nothing but 757's? What would happen if you had nothing but MD-90's?

Different airplanes in your fleet have different missions. The idea with a Global airline is to have access to as many markets as possible. Under the concept, it takes many different size airplanes to reach those markets. Regional jets are a part of the armada--and will be until there is a suitable or more efficient replacement. Feed is critical and can make the difference in profitability. Otherwise, Delta would not have began marketing agreements in the mid 1980's. USAir was the catylist in the concept of feed, and competitors soon followed.

Last edited:
Compare an MD-90 and a 757 burn per passenger seat. Using your logic, the MD-90 should stay in the desert because the seat burn is more than a

What would happen at your airline if you had nothing but 757's? What would happen if you had nothing but MD-90's?

Different airplanes in your fleet have different missions. The idea with a Global airline is to have access to as many markets as possible. Under the concept, it takes many different size airplanes to reach those markets. Regional jets are a part of the armada--and will be until there is a suitable or more efficient replacement. Feed is critical and can make the difference in profitability. Otherwise, Delta would not have began marketing agreements in the mid 1980's. USAir was the catylist in the concept of feed, and competitors soon followed.

I did, if you look back one page. It average out to about 2 pounds more per seat per hour.

I illustrated that not to say that the entire airline should be 757s... I'm not stupid, and you shouldn't be thick enough to think that I thought that. DAL has wayy too many CRJs... It's good to see us correcting that.

Fuel is but a part of the calculation... How are any of you going to make middle management without understanding that simple point?

Skipper

You confuse feed with crj. Feed doesn't mean only small markets. The feed comes from all size markets. Yes feed is critical to a Global airline. Cutting it out completely can be disastrous but it isn't just small aircraft that do it.

Yes, there will be RJ's in the Dal system for many moons to come. Fact is that DAL also has been killed by these little jets They will always have some for the reasons that Speed tape so eloquently stated, but to run our route system, the need for the RJ just got knocked down a few rungs.

They 76 seats jets will be here for a long time to come, as will most of the 70's.The 50's will be made in to beer cans as quickly as Coors is willing to take them. ;)

Oh Brother....

How bout you give me a smooth ride and not loose my bags when I'm forced to ride on your sorry a$$ed excuse of an airline. And keep the temp in the front rows comfy too.
Really?...loose?...:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back