More Delta MD90s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is if those regional pilots ever want to move on and out of the regionals

You are correct. However, most regional pilots nowdays claim that they have no intention of trying to get on at a major and want a career at the regionals, hence the desire for larger regional aircraft that they can fly.

You are correct. However, most regional pilots nowdays claim that they have no intention of trying to get on at a major and want a career at the regionals, hence the desire for larger regional aircraft that they can fly.

I know, i saw that attitude at my previous airline. however i believe they will be disappointed in their decision once they realize the RJ boom has peaked and is now sliding backwards. To many people based career decisions based on the last cople years instead of looking forward. To each their own, we'll all know if we made the right decision or not after we retire. :beer:

Doh!

Let's see.... CRJ-200. ~2500-3000 lbs an hour for 50 pax.

757-200.... ~7000 lbs an hour for 184 pax.

MD-90.. ~5500-6000 an hour for 150 pax.

Who's the gas hog?
By this math, the CRJ-200.:eek:
See Uncle Jed, I can cipher after all....
Jethro Bodine

What if you only have 40-50 pax?

Every airplane has its purpose.

Every airplane is a gas hog half full.

A 757-200 would have to have around 50 open seats to equal the burn per passenger of a full CRJ-200.

A 757-200 would have to have around 50 open seats to equal the burn per passenger of a full CRJ-200.

You would also have to account for the revenue that 757 is generating moving freight. That could make the disparity even greater. I have heard some of our international flights could fly nearly empty and still be profitable due to the money made moving cargo. Never seen any #s to substantiate that though...

What is your point? What about the rest of the paying folks in the back? What about the fact that you can take over 4 times the amount of people you can lift on a CRJ-200 and go non-stop for long distances.

RA mentioned in the conference call that he is effectively parking a lot of the regional jets. I am glad he is finally getting the picture. He knew it all along. I think he knows that he can't come to labor any more and he is going to have to cut costs elsewhere,

Glad to hear we are getting MD-90s for our operation. Makes a lot more sense.

"Growth for Delta would be great! But the MOST important thing is these planes will not say " Connection " on the side. "

How bout DCI pilots starting a 90for90for90 campaign? That would make Delta profitable finally.

How about you play in the highway during rush hour, that would make a lot of people happy!

Latest resources

Back