• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My mentor wrote me back and told me to TELL YOU GUYS TO WAKE UP. We all thought that last retirement package was a gift from GAWD. The only people who usually get those types of deals are the guys that are your owners. Did Santulli consult WB on that one? Your new guy will not be as friendly, but you guys are in such a salmon induced haze that you think things are great thanks to your current contract. Here is a wake up call from your last hotel stay (at the Four Seasons....?): Things change. I hope you guys get to keep everything and still have those beef tenderloin and salmon sandwiches, but the new guy doesn't want it, and that may be a problem. Just keep saying "A contract is a contract." That saying really works! Good luck with EVERYTHING!

Bye Bye----General Lee

Good lord you're an imbecile.

Well we can always count on the passengers that get stranded by the airlines ... who also happen to have NJ shares to call us when they want to be rescued... I guess there were quite a few cases over this holiday period....

I've heard those stories, too. The airlines are too unreliable for those who have the $$$, have a NEED to get somewhere, or they don't have the TIME the airlines require. There will always be a need for fractionals, and I cannot imagine a better overall product than Netjets. Their training is first rate and they have an excellent safety culture. At the end of the day, that is the most important thing. Not to knock the other frax as I'm sure many of them are safe also, but NJA is really hard to top in this area.

P.S.
Its impossible to "IGNORE" certain posts when you guys keep quoting! ;)

General, I have another question for you. Are these really friends, or just aquaintances? If they are friends, then why do you have friends with such low morals? If they are aquaintances, is it not possible they are embellishing to impress you with how easy the money is at Netjets? The principle of tipping may not be the problem. Netjets may just need to weed out those who lack the character to apply the principle in an ethical manner. Are these unethical friends of yours former Delta pilots? I make no blanket statement, I merely ask.

General, I have another question for you. Are these really friends, or just aquaintances? If they are friends, then why do you have friends with such low morals? If they are aquaintances, is it not possible they are embellishing to impress you with how easy the money is at Netjets? The principle of tipping may not be the problem. Netjets may just need to weed out those who lack the character to apply the principle in an ethical manner. Are these unethical friends of yours former Delta pilots? I make no blanket statement, I merely ask.

I can confirm that I've heard of that "self-tipping" as well. In fact, when I read GL's post I called a buddy who is a Captain on the XLS fleet and he confirmed that it happens at Netjets (and probably other fractionals). He claimed to not do it but he knows others who supplement their income that way. Not suggesting it is widespread or just a Netjets issue. But it happens. You find bad apples in every aviation outfit - airlines, fractionals, charter outfits, corporate, etc.

As for my company, my boss is very, very tight on reimbursement (receipts for everything and a per diem cap) - I guess that's why he is rich and his employees are not.

I

As for my company, my boss is very, very tight on reimbursement (receipts for everything and a per diem cap) - I guess that's why he is rich and his employees are not.
He's rich and you are not because he makes you submit receipts for everything?

Good friends. And I didn't know it was wrong, it sounded like it was the NORM. (normal) I was just pointing out that if that is actually something in your contract, then that might be a target for cost savings. It sounded unbelievable, and FANTASTIC at the same time. And, that quote "if you don't get enough for a car payment PER tour" was an actual quote from one of my friends there, and he is a Captain. What can I say? It sounded too good to be true. The other friend told me about the Salmon sandwiches he ordered off of a special menu. It sounded really tasty. So, don't accuse me of spending time with "lowlifes", when I didn't know if it was the norm or not.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Good lord you're an imbecile.

And you are a genius? Try to learn how to debate instead of just calling someone a name. Go back to school if you have to.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I've heard those stories, too. The airlines are too unreliable for those who have the $$$, have a NEED to get somewhere, or they don't have the TIME the airlines require. There will always be a need for fractionals, and I cannot imagine a better overall product than Netjets. Their training is first rate and they have an excellent safety culture. At the end of the day, that is the most important thing. Not to knock the other frax as I'm sure many of them are safe also, but NJA is really hard to top in this area.

P.S.
Its impossible to "IGNORE" certain posts when you guys keep quoting! ;)

Thanks for the ignore Jack, and you are acutally "ignoring" your own problems. Why would someone fly on an airline if he/she could just use their "OWN" airplane or fraction? Probably because they can't afford the extra costs of the fraction, or can't afford another Marquis Card.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back