• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't get it. Why do you guys fuel GL's ego-filled posts? You serve entirely different markets with different products and levels of service. Just disregard him... You keep asking for more of his B.S. by responding to him. For the LOVE OF GOD just don't respond......................

Happy holidays

Last edited:
I don't get it. Why do you guys fuel GL's ego-filled posts? You serve entirely different markets with different products and levels of service. Just disregard him... You keep asking for more of his B.S. by responding to him. For the LOVE OF GOD just don't respond......................

Happy holidays

Good question Johnsonrod. These guys are SOOOO EASY to whip up into a frenzy. They take everything I say like gospel and try to dispel it.

A series of articles have stated that Netjets will be under a major transformation thanks to new management, and these clowns think it won't affect them, or their CBA. It is tougher to hold on to current items when the business model has changed, heck we saw that during our BK process. They can try to say nothing will happen, but it will, and their own union people are probably trying to negate future upcoming furloughs or cutbacks right now. The once mighty Netjets has finally hit some major turbulence, and their savior who ALWAYS backed the pilots up Santulli, is now gone.

Fischman is great at trying to support that "nothing is wrong", and is trying to compare airline flying to Netjet flying. Hey, your First Aviation in TEB is Awesome, yet you yourself could never afford to fly there yourself, only the coach cabin of an airliner before and after your tours. Get your head out of the clouds---don't have the attitude of your owners. You cannot afford what they can. You drive a limo, I drive a bus. You are brought back to reality when you get back in the TSA line on your way back home, on an airliner. Your product is more expensive than mine, hence nicer FBO terminals and interior of your planes. Your work environment is shrinking, along with your customer base. You have too many planes, and a lot of your pilots sit at home during tours---maybe not during the Holidays, but prior and I bet mid Jan on will be slow. That needs to be fixed, and your CEO is on the warpath.

I think my message to you guys is simple, don't assume you are your owners, and your industry is just as vulnerable to bad times as the airline industry is. No more rolling your eyes in line to board an airliner, since you are used to walking out the FBO door into your jet. Welcome back to reality.

And as an early Xmas present, I will get off this subject now, but I may troll through over the next few days (off again) to see if there are any more ludicrous posts that just need responding. I am always up for debate, and will join in when necessary. Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't think any pilots here are claiming we make enough money to be NetJets owners, are we General?

Happy holidays

Because its fun. Fi.com would be boring if we all agreed on everything.

Good question Johnsonrod. These guys are SOOOO EASY to whip up into a frenzy. They take everything I say like gospel and try to dispel it.

A series of articles have stated that Netjets will be under a major transformation thanks to new management, and these clowns think it won't affect them, or their CBA. It is tougher to hold on to current items when the business model has changed, heck we saw that during our BK process. They can try to say nothing will happen, but it will, and their own union people are probably trying to negate future upcoming furloughs or cutbacks right now. The once mighty Netjets has finally hit some major turbulence, and their savior who ALWAYS backed the pilots up Santulli, is now gone.

Fischman is great at trying to support that "nothing is wrong", and is trying to compare airline flying to Netjet flying. Hey, your First Aviation in TEB is Awesome, yet you yourself could never afford to fly there yourself, only the coach cabin of an airliner before and after your tours. Get your head out of the clouds---don't have the attitude of your owners. You cannot afford what they can. You drive a limo, I drive a bus. You are brought back to reality when you get back in the TSA line on your way back home, on an airliner. Your product is more expensive than mine, hence nicer FBO terminals and interior of your planes. Your work environment is shrinking, along with your customer base. You have too many planes, and a lot of your pilots sit at home during tours---maybe not during the Holidays, but prior and I bet mid Jan on will be slow. That needs to be fixed, and your CEO is on the warpath.

I think my message to you guys is simple, don't assume you are your owners, and your industry is just as vulnerable to bad times as the airline industry is. No more rolling your eyes in line to board an airliner, since you are used to walking out the FBO door into your jet. Welcome back to reality.

And as an early Xmas present, I will get off this subject now, but I may troll through over the next few days (off again) to see if there are any more ludicrous posts that just need responding. I am always up for debate, and will join in when necessary. Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ok general. We're close to getting on the same page. I want to make 2 things absolutely clear for you that are MAJOR differences in the business you are used to.

1) The CBA will remain intact for 2 reasons 1) netjets will close the doors before going bankrupt. A judge won't have a chance to cut up the CBA. 2) if netjets came to NJASAP looking for concessions, it would be overwhelmingly voted down.

2) You are claiming the sky is falling, when it's not. Did netjets have a bad 2009? You bet. Credit is loosening and we are selling airplanes again. Things aren't as bad as you claim. Sokol is making netjets leaner, which is what the union has been screaming for years.

Well, we may lose some platinum medalian fliers (NJA pilots), but we will make it up with people that used to have Netjet Shares and now fly the airlines. Hey, I don't want anyone to lose their jobs, but your model is broken, and your new CEO is about to fix it. That sucks for a lot of people, but Santulli did a poor job, just like some of our past DL leaders did. Good luck with your future endevors.

Bye Bye---General Lee

More ramblings from an uninformed toolbag.
Seems like the Gen is a very envious individual.

Well, we may lose some platinum medalian fliers (NJA pilots), but we will make it up with people that used to have Netjet Shares and now fly the airlines-GL

Now THAT's funny. If you know anything about this business you know those folks that have shares will NEVER go back to Delta (or any other Legacy FTM) short of the trust fund going TU.

These people will sell their first born to keep a share of something.

2) if netjets came to NJASAP looking for concessions, it would be overwhelmingly voted down.

Unfortunately history says otherwise. I'm not aware of any pilot group that did not eventually succomb when pressured by their company for concessions. You may be the exception, but I doubt it because you guys already agreed to concessions in the form of furlough mitigation. They now know you are willing to yield to protect jobs. When they come calling again you'll give some more. I don't see anything about your pilot group to suggest you'll react any differently than any other pilot group that has been in your position.

I hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

You may be the exception, but I doubt it because you guys already agreed to concessions in the form of furlough mitigation.

The furlough mitigation offered each individual pilot the option of working fewer days for correspondingly less money. The pay per day didn't go down (quite the opposite, actually), and any pilot could opt out of it at any time.

They now know you are willing to yield to protect jobs. When they come calling again you'll give some more.

We gave them nothing. They offered unpaid leaves of absence on a recurring basis (that's how it showed up on my paycheck, in fact), and many of us took them up on the offer. That's it.

I don't see anything about your pilot group to suggest you'll react any differently than any other pilot group that has been in your position.

My view from the inside is very different. This is a pilot group with a very diverse background, comprised of people who've all been screwed by their respective companies and unions. Very few of us will ever fall for it again.

Waiting in the congo line (General Lee quote)

It's "Conga line" genius, not "congo line".

General Lee;

"These guys are SOOOO EASY to whip up into a frenzy. They take everything I say like gospel and try to dispel it".

No they aren't, and no, they don't.

They think you are a mindless, materialistic, uninformed twit.

General Lee: I'll bet my wife is cuter then yours.

Maybe, but certainly much more promiscuous.

Buddy, you're a mess is what you are.

Latest resources

Back