• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts at USAirways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captz -- man I wish you would have supported one or the other. We just needed about 250 more votes for ALPA and ALPA would have prevailed in the election. Not that ALPA is the end all, cure all, but sure better than the joke of USCABERsville.

Now with UCRAPPER running the show, we are all doomed during this downturn. Oil at 140 a barrel and the West being furloughed at a 10% rate while the East gets by with less than a 4% rate. Dudes out West that had a job at the time of the merger being let go, while East coast guys who were furloughed back in May of 05, get to stay. I lose my job to some dude that didn't even have a job. How fair is that? That is why folks are throwing the scab thing around. East coast recallees (since the merger date, May 05) who continue to work when West Coast pilots get furloughed (in about 80 days) will be taking the job filled by an active pilot. It is going to be a ruinous issue.

What is UCRAPPERs take on the issue? Silence. Why – it is exactly what UCRAPPER wants – to disenfranchise the West, so the East can benefit. Actually they said “we can’t do anything about management’s decision" … oh sure, it is just management’s fault. Spin city, from Crapersville. The boys running the farce of a union are soon going to be overwhelmed. The minute the first West dude gets furloughed, it will galvanize the remaining 1700 AWA pilots to the realization of the absolute disaster this has become. The apathy and silence displayed by the wall hugger dudes out East only contribute to the problem. Please stand up and be heard.

Only one winner. Management. I’ll say it again, Management wins and we lose.

Some union – it is no union, it is a joke. Fair Representation, no way. Binding arbitration – unless you don’t like the outcome. This was supposed to be a merger between two airlines. We didn’t try to take over or take advantage of the East – heck AWA paid your payroll the last two weeks so US could stay in business and avoid CH 7. Sure there is pain our West now, but more disappointment is coming to the East. It is so sad that it has come to this. West would support even %s of furloughs to keep the company afloat, but UCrapper doesn’t want that.

20 months until UCRAPPSville can be voted off. Please vote next time. Apathy is worse than anything. Don't disengage, be part of the solution. The airline is doomed if it is East vs. West forever, and right now with UCRAPPSville's silence on Management's use of separate East and West lists (even though they have the combined list) and absolutely no progress on a new contract, well it just goes to show they are in over their heads. East will remain on the LOA contract until UCRAPPER is voted off or until the entire ship goes down. I’d like to say ya’ll are getting your wish of “full pay to the last day” and burn the mother down. But unfortunately you are getting Bankruptcy pay until the last day, but you may indeed succeed at burning the mother down – unless the West beats you too it now due to the furlough issue. May God save the Queen, the United States of American, and have something left to help the new US Airways stay afloat. He is about the only dude that can save us now. I’d like to have something to come back too.

Captz -- man I wish you would have supported one or the other. We just needed about 250 more votes for ALPA and ALPA would have prevailed in the election. Not that ALPA is the end all, cure all, but sure better than the joke of USCABERsville.

Now with UCRAPPER running the show, we are all doomed during this downturn. Oil at 140 a barrel and the West being furloughed at a 10% rate while the East gets by with less than a 4% rate. Dudes out West that had a job at the time of the merger being let go, while East coast guys who were furloughed back in May of 05, get to stay. I lose my job to some dude that didn't even have a job. How fair is that? That is why folks are throwing the scab thing around. East coast recallees (since the merger date, May 05) who continue to work when West Coast pilots get furloughed (in about 80 days) will be taking the job filled by an active pilot. It is going to be a ruinous issue.

What is UCRAPPERs take on the issue? Silence. Why – it is exactly what UCRAPPER wants – to disenfranchise the West, so the East can benefit. Actually they said “we can’t do anything about management’s decision" … oh sure, it is just management’s fault. Spin city, from Crapersville. The boys running the farce of a union are soon going to be overwhelmed. The minute the first West dude gets furloughed, it will galvanize the remaining 1700 AWA pilots to the realization of the absolute disaster this has become. The apathy and silence displayed by the wall hugger dudes out East only contribute to the problem. Please stand up and be heard.

Only one winner. Management. I’ll say it again, Management wins and we lose.

Some union – it is no union, it is a joke. Fair Representation, no way. Binding arbitration – unless you don’t like the outcome. This was supposed to be a merger between two airlines. We didn’t try to take over or take advantage of the East – heck AWA paid your payroll the last two weeks so US could stay in business and avoid CH 7. Sure there is pain our West now, but more disappointment is coming to the East. It is so sad that it has come to this. West would support even %s of furloughs to keep the company afloat, but UCrapper doesn’t want that.

20 months until UCRAPPSville can be voted off. Please vote next time. Apathy is worse than anything. Don't disengage, be part of the solution. The airline is doomed if it is East vs. West forever, and right now with UCRAPPSville's silence on Management's use of separate East and West lists (even though they have the combined list) and absolutely no progress on a new contract, well it just goes to show they are in over their heads. East will remain on the LOA contract until UCRAPPER is voted off or until the entire ship goes down. I’d like to say ya’ll are getting your wish of “full pay to the last day” and burn the mother down. But unfortunately you are getting Bankruptcy pay until the last day, but you may indeed succeed at burning the mother down – unless the West beats you too it now due to the furlough issue. May God save the Queen, the United States of American, and have something left to help the new US Airways stay afloat. He is about the only dude that can save us now. I’d like to have something to come back too.

Have you guys heard anything about USAPA wanting to use everyone's first DOH at a Part 121 job for the new combined list?

Essentially, thanks for your (in some cases 20+) years of service, now get in the back of the bus like the 200 hour wonder cherubs.

To be continued.

Kinda like what Mainline gave you for your 20 years plus of service to a company you already work for (your 20 plus years at a wo didn't mean sh#t basically). So what did you get for over 20 years? A seniority number lower then Mesa folks hired off the street. Basically back at the end of the bus.

Are you really shocked at all? Come on Mr. Hanky, look at all the CEL guys at mainline that aren't gonna get furloughed. What a waste that list was.

FUBAR!

Last edited:
Yes and it is as expected,

NO REQUIREMENT TO INTERVIEW for flow back - joy

Tweaker,
something doesn't look right here. I don't doubt
what you say, but you must have a source close to the negotiations. Presumably you have interviewed
at PDT once in the past sucessfully, so the only advantage you are offered is something you have
already done. Who is giving you this info? It looks like to me that you are saying the company does not
want a flow through. I don't think the company cares
one way or the other. I don't understand what
possible advantage you would be getting from going
back to PDT on the bottom of the list. Not intended
as flame, it's just that anybody can apply and inter-
view there, so why negotiate that? I don't get it. But
maybe I am missing something.

being furloughed sucks and I wish you the best.
-Ponder

WSurf is right....20 years at PDT or ALG didn't get those guys squat at mainline....Why do mainline folks think they should get anything at the regionals......We all made this bed folks....time to lay down.....

Suppose there is a combined contract when the recalls occur. Who d'ya suppose gets the first callback?

I'll give ya 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

At least with ALPA you could get mad and recall your reps. USAPA appoints reps and doesn't hold elections until the damage is done by guys no one elected. And they decide to hold everything in "Executive Session" (Backroom deal) so that no one is held accountable.

Yeah, it's way better than ALPA (not!)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back