• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts at USAirways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What in the world made you believe that there was ever going to be a "potential great payoff????!!"

Everything that name, (us air) has ever touched, has turned into shi*. Which airline have you been watching??

You say tomato, I say tomahto...

I appreciate your valuable input. Your erudition has profoundly enhanced our knowledge of the intricate relationship between US and the WOs.

Now put down that Natty Ice and head off to bed. Tool.

What in the world made you believe that there was ever going to be a "potential great payoff????!!"

Everything that name, (us air) has ever touched, has turned into shi*. Which airline have you been watching??

We all understand that US Airways basically sucks (along with a few others). But it sure is better then a career in a 37 Seat TurboProp for most. Hence the "potential great payoff".

Before the Age 65 rule US Airways had a bunch of retirements and could have been a good gig in the fact if you could get in earlier.

We all understand that US Airways basically sucks (along with a few others). But it sure is better then a career in a 37 Seat TurboProp for most. Hence the "potential great payoff".

Before the Age 65 rule US Airways had a bunch of retirements and could have been a good gig in the fact if you could get in earlier.

Wanna bet ?? (...and I flew both)

PHXFLYR

PHXFLYR

I beg to differ, even with the commute the airways job out west was better than the PDT gig any day. Even as short as it's lasting.

To me, it would smack of hipocracy and I simply couldn't bring myself to do it lacking a comprehensive flow/flush agreement that would ensure the rights of PDT pilots currently on the property.

Who is to say that can't happen? I, regrettably, have more to lose than mere days off than most other captains here- I am in the bottom 10 or so of the list. I face certain downgrade if we brought them back.

I say do it, and fairly. What? Yup. Back to hind teat. 20K raise, 20K lost all in half a year. Beats the living shizzle out of 40K loss, then another 36K loss in half a year.

What would be hilarious is if we opened the doors to all of them, interviewed 20 and allowed only the PDT guys to sit back in their seats. Preferential job back, much?

And by the way, Ponder- ahh, nevermind. AMF.

Who is to say that can't happen? I, regrettably, have more to lose than mere days off than most other captains here- I am in the bottom 10 or so of the list. I face certain downgrade if we brought them back.

I say do it, and fairly. What? Yup. Back to hind teat. 20K raise, 20K lost all in half a year. Beats the living shizzle out of 40K loss, then another 36K loss in half a year.

What would be hilarious is if we opened the doors to all of them, interviewed 20 and allowed only the PDT guys to sit back in their seats. Preferential job back, much?

And by the way, Ponder- ahh, nevermind. AMF.

You are a very generous and a truly stand up guy Sig............

Tweaker right from your own words. I have no problem with you folks coming back, only unil the proper flow is enacted.

Until then I hope this process can get rolling just a little faster and you folks won't be on the street long(but we all know how long this has already been dragged out).
Even though you might not believe me, I do know most that left for mainline and wish you folks the best. And if all this gets worked out before you get furloughed the better.

I don't know how you got it in your head that anyone would flow down without a bi-directional flow agreement in writing. I never said it, and it is an all or nothing proposition, of course. The whole thing is a travesty and creating yet more animosity among the pilots. This is not an accident, but rather the intention of management. This is why the potential off the street new hires were NOT told that they may be placed below any CEL flow ups. Free pilot discord!

As far your your sh1tty comment about "dancing" back to the left seat at PDT. You have it quite wrong. There is very little dancing going on in my household. The thought of returning to PDT is not a dream but closer to a nightmare scenario. Be that as it may, when one has a mortgage and children to feed, it is time to man up and fulfill your obligations. Am I violating any sense of morality, contracts, or union brothahood? Not even a little.

PHXFLYR

then it has obviously been a while since you worked at the US Wo's. 13 days off was a good month and if captains worked their a## off all year they could plan on topping 80k. Junior mans were constant, the training department was at times punitive, and vacation sucked. Even with all our problems on the west there is no comparison.

I don't work that hard and should make somewhere in the high 90k's on 4th year pay with decent schedules and 21 days of vacation. I've never been junior assigned (unheard of at PDT), can call in sick without fear of having too many 'occurences,' and generally don't work all that hard. Sure AWA is not Fedex or SWA by any means but it is still night and day when you compare it to the regionals. We quickly forget how bad things sucked at our last jobs...

You have it quite wrong. There is very little dancing going on in my household. The thought of returning to PDT is not a dream but closer to a nightmare scenario. Be that as it may, when one has a mortgage and children to feed, it is time to man up and fulfill your obligations. Am I violating any sense of morality, contracts, or union brothahood? Not even a little.

As far as your Sh1tty comment on Piedmont being a nightmare. Well if you're worried about f'uk'in paying the mortgage or feeding your children I don't think I would be calling Piedmont a nightmare scenario!!!!! If that was the case I would be calling it a blessing!!!!!!

Wow, now I really want you too return to your nightmare!

Last edited:
Well if you're worried about f'uk'in paying the mortgage or feeding your children I don't think I would be calling Piedmont a nightmarie scenario!!!!! If that was the case I would be calling it a blessing!!!!!!

Very well said....If the regionals are such a d@mn nightmare....Why do you mainline folks want to come back....Do us all a favor and go to Walmart instead....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back