• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Competition in Milwaukee for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say staple CL, that boy have been nothing but trouble since we hired him, haha lol, :D I am kidding

Best of luck to the Airtran guys and us here at Midwest, after all, we are just pilots doing what they ask us to do.

CL, can scheduling make us airport reserve for 4 to 5 hours? I don't have my contract with me.

nope. they can assign you a flight or release you for rest.

here is section 15(D)(3)(d):
d. A pilot scheduled for reserve duty will not be required to perform any duty other than a flight assignment (e.g. no airport reserve).

now if you're a lineholder and they are reassigning you, you are subject to the reassignment provisions:

P. Reassignment/Reroute
1. For purposes of this Agreement, Reassignment/Reroute means a change in
the pilot’s duty assignment as provided herein on the same day(s) of work as originally scheduled. A change in flight number but not city pairing
does not constitute a reassignment/reroute.
2. In Domicile
A pilot may be reassigned or rerouted to alternate flights while he is in domicile, provided:
a. The new assignment is for the same day(s) originally scheduled; and
b. He is not required to report more than two (2) hours earlier than the scheduled report time of the original trip pairing; and
c. He is scheduled to be released from duty at his domicile no later than four (4) hours after the scheduled release time of the original
trip pairing.
d. The pilot will be reassigned/rerouted within two (2) hours of being informed of a change in his original trip pairing or he will be released.

that last one tells me they can screw around with you for a maximum of 2hrs before having to release you. and of course,they can always beg and plead.

good luck.

Last edited:
On another note, I hear NWA have asked for our 717 training programe already, the rumor is the 717 to replace their 9's, and maybe get some of Airtran's 17.

I think it's mainline denial about the 717's. Call it a training dept. dream. Look at it from their perspective- the 9's are slowly going. Without them, those training dept. guys may have to go back to the line. If I were them, I'd be dreaming of something to save me from going back to the line. And here we are.

Fact is there's no way NW would want those airplanes unless AAI offered theirs up for a song. Mainline gave up scope, now they are grasping for replacement straws. NW would be crazy to want to integrate 25 inflexible short-range aircraft. But I have been wrong before.

I think it's mainline denial about the 717's. Call it a training dept. dream. Look at it from their perspective- the 9's are slowly going. Without them, those training dept. guys may have to go back to the line. If I were them, I'd be dreaming of something to save me from going back to the line. And here we are.

Fact is there's no way NW would want those airplanes unless AAI offered theirs up for a song. Mainline gave up scope, now they are grasping for replacement straws. NW would be crazy to want to integrate 25 inflexible short-range aircraft. But I have been wrong before.

25 a/c with a lease option if AAI trades theirs in for 73's for up to 80 more with differences training (ie the cheapest replacement out there in terms of training costs) as the only training event. NWA could even buy the sims at Alteon and ship them up to MSP.

You guys are dreaming... AAI isn't getting rid of any 717's any time soon. Boeing would have to give AAI 737's for 717 lease rates. Grant it, AAI didn't pay a heck of a lot for the 737's, but Boeing isn't going to give 737's away right now. Especially with the big back log of orders for 737's. I don't believe there are any delivery spots available until 2011. Unless AAI gets 737's from a leasing company, there just isn't any available except on the used market. Besides, AAI has learned what can happen when 1 company gives or sells airplanes to another company. I bet DAL is still pissed about that one. There is no way in he!! AAI is going to get rid of 717's just so they can turn around and compete with those same 717's in NWA colors.. You guys are grasping for straws now. Heck, if AAI could get more 717's right now they would. That was a big part of the reason they wanted to buy MEH...

Last edited:
To think that AAI is going to get rid of 717's to NWA is ludicrous. It ain't going to happen. At least not for the next 5 years..

On another note, I hear NWA have asked for our 717 training programe already, the rumor is the 717 to replace their 9's, and maybe get some of Airtran's 17.

Anything is possible in this crazy business but I don't see AAI participating in any deals that help NWA become more efficient. I think that AAI will sit tight and slowly apply increasing pressure in MKE (to the extent possible with only 4 gates) while waiting to see what happens with NWA/DAL. At some point AAI will start making noises about wanting to grow more in MKE but being constrained by lack of available gates. AAI is smart and I'm sure if DAL/NWA gets underway they will go to the DOJ and cry foul over the combined MEH/NWA/DAL presence in MKE and push for some divestment of MKE holdings that could come AAI's way. AAI has already said that a DAL/NWA combination could require some spinoff that could help AAI. Mark my words, if DAL/NWA ever really gets rolling MEH becomes small potatos and if it needs to get divested it gets divested. AAI is the most likely customer for all or part of MEH. TPG doesn't give a rip who owns MEH as long as they get their money. AAI can still end up the dominant player in MKE a few years from now.

Latest resources

Back