• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Competition in Milwaukee for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Propsync, I totaly understand why the Skyway guys are pissed at Midwest, I was too when I got furloughed, you need to just let it go for the sack of lower blood pressure.

Cheers

propsync,

i am sorry you hate us so much. arguing about the past is pretty fruitless. should we have gotten 319's? should we have gotten 25 more 717's? should we have acted quickly on the 717 and the sims would be in MKE and not ATL? who knows. we can only move forward from today and we shall see what happens. tim is now very accountable in his job and i can only hope the airline grows or someone else should be found to do the job. again i can only wish midwest does NOT fail, as no one (perhaps you do) wants to see 400 more pilots hit the street.

besides the only certainty these days is Tiger Woods on Sunday. he just went off today and came back to win in Dubai. flat out awesome.

Last edited:
CL, did they get you today or you gonna enjoy the game?

i'm an R11. nothing in open time, the count is still at 10, so things are looking good. i will simply have to miss the afternoon call in sick bubble (11-3pm) and i think i am set. i have jinxed myself though because an R5 and an R9 are coming over to watch the game. keeping my fingers crossed.

there is a 4 day in open time at the end of the month. it has a nice 24hr. SAN layover.

Last edited:
Ok, now I can't really speak for other soon-to-be-X-SkyWayEx-ers, but I don't believe that are any hard feelings for the employees of Midwest, or SkyWest for that matter (except for a few gel-haired, spoiled, 20-somethings who love their iPods, Oakleys;), and believe their $hit don't stink). It's the myopic, self-absorbed, inner circle in the Cookie Palace. One in particular seems to enjoy playing CEO. To bad he stinks at it.

CL, you appeared to have seen the light over the last few months (I believe one of your posts mentioned that), but now your posts seem to indicate you've bellied up to the Kool Aid bar again. It would be nice if the Midwest concept worked, but with the current leadership it has not. The decisions about the fleet, destinations, Cat II/III (finally), advertising at the out stations (specifically the complete lack of it) -- all of these factors fuel my dislike for the Palace Guard. If the financial world believed current leadership could have been successful with their current business plan, then financing would not have been a problem.

Last year, we were told that the websites, such as travelocity, hurt sales because people could plug in Points A and B and get a list of fares. People would choose the lowest price ticket, and some airline called "Midwest" is charging $50 more for the same flight. This is why they couldn't just add $10 to each ticket and give everybody a meal. It all adds up. This leads to the advertising issue. There is no advertising outside of Milwaukee. None. Ok, I did hear a radio ad in the UP and saw a billboard in northern IL, but it wasn't on I94. So how can Midwest expect somebody to buy a ticket on an airline that is suppose to offer a better product if nobody knows about it?

Well, that's all I've got to say about that.

CL, you appeared to have seen the light over the last few months (I believe one of your posts mentioned that), but now your posts seem to indicate you've bellied up to the Kool Aid bar again. It would be nice if the Midwest concept worked, but with the current leadership it has not. The decisions about the fleet, destinations, Cat II/III (finally), advertising at the out stations (specifically the complete lack of it) -- all of these factors fuel my dislike for the Palace Guard. If the financial world believed current leadership could have been successful with their current business plan, then financing would not have been a problem.

It's because Midwest is managed by corporate flight managers and not airline managers. They have promoted from within and not gotten outside opinions. Lots of airlines these days have poor credit ratings and relaying that imparts no "wisdom" on our management's part. The concept of Midwest is not the sole property of one TH, but you feel it is and thus any defense of it is simply a defense of him: it's not.

all that being said, TH has run the airline for 23 years and has accomplished quite a bit. we are one of the few post deregulation airlines to survive and i hope we do last. if that's drinking koolaid, then i guess i'm guilty.

Personally I feel our value is tied up in those seats on the 717. I do not buy the koolaid of its the "people" of midwest. Our problem, as you mentioned, is a lack of advertising and differentiating our product. we shall see what TPG does in the future as their actions will dictate to me what their intention is. if they shrink us, shame on me, but you know what it's my butt on the line and that's fine. skyway was gone AAI or TPG (do not fool yourself), the timing of the announcement was clearly made to make TH the bud guy and not TPG. TPG now has their fresh start.

Last year, we were told that the websites, such as travelocity, hurt sales because people could plug in Points A and B and get a list of fares. People would choose the lowest price ticket, and some airline called "Midwest" is charging $50 more for the same flight. This is why they couldn't just add $10 to each ticket and give everybody a meal. It all adds up. This leads to the advertising issue. There is no advertising outside of Milwaukee. None. Ok, I did hear a radio ad in the UP and saw a billboard in northern IL, but it wasn't on I94. So how can Midwest expect somebody to buy a ticket on an airline that is suppose to offer a better product if nobody knows about it?

advertising is a weird issue though. the last air tran radio ad was the wendy's promotion. JetBlue has very little within the area yet their flights at ORD are doing well. Our advertising is usually tied into: a) usatoday; b) zagat awards. Every other year we do get free advertising with the Zagat award (and all the other awards).

in my area in the NW 'burbs i have seen 3 midwest billboards, but again the message is (imo) bad.
it's simply, "my airline is in MKE, no more ORD delays". it imparts none of the positive service that we seem to have so much pride in, but don't seem to sell to well.

since you all know so much about how midwest should be run here you go. put your money where your mouth is.

Financial Analyst III

Job Requisition Number: 19382
Job Title: Financial Analyst III
Employment Status: Full-Time
Oak Creek, Wisconsin 53154-0000

External Description:
Assist in managing the development and implementation of the company�s business
plans, strategic plans and recommend processes to improve effectiveness.
Evaluate capital projects and recommend projects that will contribute to the
organization�s profitability.

Evaluate the profitability and variances of existing business operations and
provide explanations of changes. Complete special projects as requested.

Budget through the entire planning process which includes development,
implementation and revision as necessary to help guide the company into making
correct business decisions in the future and the monitoring of business results.

Act as liaison with assigned departments throughout the organization in
assessing financial results and projects.

Develop and maintain rolling forecasted financial statements, by which one can
update for known operational, industry and market changes.

Participate in the identification, development and evaluation of new
business/program opportunities. Identify critical factors affecting the
profitability and evaluate the potential of proposed ventures to achieve profit
results consistent with Company goals.

Analyze the on-going profitability of all businesses, programs, and agreements
entered into by the Company.

Analyze capital project requests and complete as appropriate, which includes a
post completion report to ensure it achieved its financial objectives.

Analyze the profitability and variances of existing business operations and
provide explanations of changes.

Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field;
an MBA is desirable. Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience in
management/budget planning and analysis. Strong data computation, technical and
analytical capabilities as well as excellent organizational, communication, and
interpersonal skills are required. Proficiency in the use of computer software
for planning, statistical and management analysis work are required.

Salary Range: $47,376-$78,156

Midwest

One Pilot legacy is not defined by his/her interaction on flightinfo.com but what they do in ground effect. Whoa! That was deep!

I'm not sure why Citationluvr keeps saying Skyway was doomed no matter what. I have a good source that said the SYX operating certificate would have been used to fly Ejets for AAI. Whether it would have been SYX or Airtran pilots flying them who knows...
Now that SYX is not around to subsidize Timmy's poor decisions (there have been a shameful number of them), how will Midex make a profit? For years SYX has helped 'carry' the mainline operation, who will pay now? NWA? TPG? I think not.
-TC

I'm not sure why Citationluvr keeps saying Skyway was doomed no matter what. I have a good source that said the SYX operating certificate would have been used to fly Ejets for AAI. Whether it would have been SYX or Airtran pilots flying them who knows...
I don't think Skyway would have been doomed if our merger had gone through, but there's not a chance that we would have given up scope for E-jets, and there's no need for a separate cert for us to fly them.

We are JUST Pilots

Quit the Monday Morning quarterbacking and acting like we the pilots have any say. We don't....It's that simple. Don't be ignorant to think we do. The only say we have is if we are GONNA side step to the center runway. OK. Nough said. Hate the game not the Players!

Latest resources

Back