• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Competition in Milwaukee for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even CL can do better than that. If you think otherwise on this topic, go for it, we'd love to hear it. Making posts that make myself wonder if you're mentally fit for a medical really doesn't do much here. So how's it going to go IRBS?

You can say all you want that you wish the best for all MEH employees blah blah blah but its very evident in your posts that you would love to see the demise of Midex. It appears that would give a huge stroke to your ego just so you could say I told you so. With your insights into business you should really be making millions in the stock market. I don't need to go into lengths about whats going to happen because I don't know. I agree with some of the posts on here so I feel its redundant to repeat what others are saying which others do frequently and quite frankly hurts my eyes.

As far as being medically fit to fly, well you got me there. Of course John Travolta holds a medical and he is open about his beliefs of evil Lord Xenu's alien souls possessing his body.

CL let me borrow that gun as I don't know if I can go on now that Propsync has stated that I am coo coo.

Seems to me the company is getting 11 extra seats of revenue this summer, 44 $60 "signature" fees, etc with no changes. there's our extra money for our pockets.
I'll be the first to admit that TH is a first-class con artist. However, if I'm reading your post correctly, you are saying that he'll charge the same fare in a 99-seater for 19E (center of the 3) as he does today for 19A-D? Then he gets $60 over, essentially, today's fare to move to a Signature seat? If so, he should go sell flood insurance to the nomadic tribes of the Sahara. He's already conned the good people of Milwaukee.

fam62, how do you know TPG will do that to Midwest? I was just wondering, because looking at TPG history they never done that to any company they purchased?
A TPG holding company owns Spirit. Since TPG got involved, I hear QOL and the whole operation is swirling in the basin and heading down the drain.

Here's another exapmle of TH's great decisions. Skyway's last flight is April 5. Mesaba just annouced they will not start EAS service until June 5 and 2 of the cities still have no carrier. Apparently, they just found out they will be fined $25,000 per day (per city?) for not providing EAS service. I guess they thought they could get out of it like Big Sky. Oops, they may need Skyway a little longer. With crews and dispatchers finding other jobs, good luck! If that is per city, doesn't that come to about $6M if another carrier starts those other 2 cities on the 5th, too? The Cookie Palace strikes again!

A TPG holding company owns Spirit. Since TPG got involved, I hear QOL and the whole operation is swirling in the basin and heading down the drain.

Well, I hear Spirit is getting 30 more new Airbus with option for more, that alone gives me hope.

Deadstick...do you have a source for that EAS info? Not questioning your accuracy, just curious to see the offical word on that.

I'll be the first to admit that TH is a first-class con artist. However, if I'm reading your post correctly, you are saying that he'll charge the same fare in a 99-seater for 19E (center of the 3) as he does today for 19A-D? Then he gets $60 over, essentially, today's fare to move to a Signature seat? If so, he should go sell flood insurance to the nomadic tribes of the Sahara. He's already conned the good people of Milwaukee.

while i realize you hate tim and all why not look at FACTS and calm down. your opinions mean nothing without FACTS, considering he is doing just that right now.

FACT is our 717 seats are now sold as coach fares comparing to other airlines coach fares. This pricing structure will continue into the future with a borrowing of whatever pricing structure they use for middle seats in the MD80.

FACT is our MD80 Signature seats are now a $60 override that you pay at the gate, online, or with an agent.

FACT this price is scheduled to rise this summer (last i heard was $75).

FACT is our flight attendants should get a raise as their responsibilities have grown by 12.5% on the 717 when the seating configuration begins.

Why would we price our coach seats any lower than anyone else? Fuel prices dictate pretty much leisure destination pricing and we will price them to match our competitors, etc. I am sure our pricing algorithms will continue into the future and they will adjust them as they see fit to maximize revenue, ie revenue management. Every airline does this.

As far as EAS, most are ditching EAS. Big Sky, Air Midwest are dumping most of their cities. The airplanes are simply too old and expensive to maintain despite the subsidy. If the government increases the subsidy, then perhaps an extension may occur. The 1900 (an airplane I have a type rating in and a lot of hours in flying EAS routes) is like a cockroach though, it may still get the last laugh.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back