• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Competition in Milwaukee for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Northwest doesn't have 717s. Northwest put in 47% of the money to allow the TPG to purchase Midwest and then take it Private. Northwest doesn't own Midwest, so Northwest doesn't have 717s. Citation, you are HOPING Northwest and Delta will merge so you will get your shot at the big boys because you can't get there any other way. I personally don't hate TH. I don't know the man and don't have a reason to hate him. I don't dislike or have bad feelings toward Midwest either. I posted the articles that were written regarding this transaction and that was all I did because it was news and many pilots at AirTran and Midwest were interested in the information. This transaction could have affected us all. AirTran is still growing and tweeking their business and so is Midwest. Good and let it be that.

Citation your constant jumping around on this board and attacking people because they have an opinion is getting old. If you want to go work for Delta or Northwest or AirTran, they are all hiring. I'm sure you are more than welcome to apply. Now that the deal is done, that chapter for AirTran and Midwest are done, for now. Now they will spend the rest of 2008 competeing head to head in MKE. What AirTran is doing in MKE, is similar to what Southwest is doing in Denver. Citation think of it like this: Southwest and AirTran are like a Great White SHARK and a Mako SHARK respectively. One is bigger than the other but both are mean preditors. They see wounded bloody seals swimming in the water. Hmmm....says the sharks, theres my SUMMER dinner. Citation, you better hope consolidation kicks off soon, because that may be the only bait that distracts these SHARKS! Best of luck to you......CITATION!

I am not attacking anyone, again you're the one who keeps bringing up these stories and starting these threads. And I guess you saying I'm secretly hoping for a merger as "my only way" isn't an ad hominem attack?

If you want to think of Air Tran as a "mako" shark, fine. Good luck. Don't block the alleyway in MKE. :) Get industry leading 717 rates so we can point out to our management what our direct competition is doing in our 2008 contract year!

Last edited:
I for one hope the MEH pilots find themselves at NWA or the combined NWA/Delta.
I wish that AAI had been able to buy you guys but I think AAI will do ok without you. I think our management made it very clear that MKE was part of our growth plan and with recent announcements , everyone can see that we are continuing to implement these plans.
Hopefully you MEH guys will be OK.

Thanks SkifishFly

Its refreshing to read a positive post from an Airtran guy.

Flywolf,

You at Mitchell today? Any flyers put up in the crewroom or anything regarding the big announcement today? I am off for a couple of days and hope to avoid being called on super bowl sunday.

SWA and Air Tran?

Please don't compare Air Tran to SWA,I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Your ego is huge man. Let it go...if it would not have been for Air Tran's name Value Jet would have sunk long ago, I'm just saying!

Last edited:
Flywolf,

You at Mitchell today? Any flyers put up in the crewroom or anything regarding the big announcement today? I am off for a couple of days and hope to avoid being called on super bowl sunday.

No CL, I am also off for few days, just finished a 4 day.

I see quite a few reserve on the 3rd. Hope you don't end up flying.

I think we are going to see some exciting times ahead, with them looking at Internet access and a $4 Mil new FOS system it seem like TPG want even better services from the best care in the air.

I hope NWA fuel and insurance rates help us save some money.

Poolie

Can't wait to jump out of the Pool and into class!

Hyperboy.... Actually that wasn't a bad comparison between AAI and SWA. AirTran had a tough start, they got a lot of bad press for something that wasn't completly their fault (Shipping company was supposed to send empty oxygen generators, needless to say they weren't empty). AAI is kinda like the kid that got beat up occasionally on the streets, and then figgured out how to fight. Those but kickings only made him stronger, and now you don't screw with him.. Losing out of MEH will only make AAI more determined. You may not like AAI, and thats perfectly OK. But, AAI is very lean and they are looking to grow. AAI is one of the best, if not the best airline there is when it comes to controlling their growth, if AAI says they can grow 10% in 2008, it probably means they can grow 12%. If this growth works out in MKE, you can bet there will be more gates, and more flights to more cities.

Nothin but love

I have no problems at AAI. In fact I have many great friends that are over at AAI and when they got hired I was so happy and excited for them. They did the same when I got hired at MEH! Others seem to love destroying the sails of another boat.

Please don't compare Air Tran to SWA,I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Your ego is huge man. Let it go...if it would not have been for Air Tran's name Value Jet would have sunk long ago, I'm just saying!

Yea, please don't compare Airtran to luv:cool: . Your arrogance amazes me. oh yea just saying!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back