• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More changes at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can assure you that BP200 is not a management type. He's closer to being their worst nightmare! :eek: Although I'm a NJ wife, my support and encouragement extends across the fractional industry.

My sympathy lies with any flight crew facing difficult times, privately or on the job. The lifestyle can be challenging at the best of times. During hard times, the whole family helps to decide if it's worth it or not. If it's not, I encourage the families to join the pilots in fighting for their due.
NJW

Corona said:
Sorry, your original quote said someone was "forced to fly"; hence my BS call. (Doesn't matter whether its wx, maintenance, duty time or fatigue.)

I've considered Avantair, but they need to get real about domiciles (as do all the frax!).

I don't think you'd like to HEAR my carefully-chosen words; the two or three management types who heard them over the last 10-20 years didn't. (Sounds like you might be a management type.) Hearing, not seeing, is believing.;)

C

My milk and cornflakes almost came thro my nose when I read that you thought BP200 was management.

piaggiop180 said:
1. Why are the dues so high (1.8 percent of your salary)
If you'd miss 1.8% of your salary, you really need to get some sound financial advice, because whatever you're currently doing isn't cutting it.
2. Where does the 2 million plus a year collected from the netjets pilots go.
I haven't seen a complete accounting, but I do know that with the new contract I got back MUCH more than I did, or will, put in.

piaggiop180 said:
I will say it again this is the best aviation job I have ever had. I helped get the company where it is. I am going into my third year and an IOE captain in year 3 earns more than you can at any other fractional in year 3. In fact I would still be an FO. I don't know why these posts are started. I am hopeful it is not union plants that spread this stuff. Hopefully I set the record straight. If anyone wants to get the truth call the DO yourself.

We've got you narrowed down to one of two people so anything you post will hold no credibility.

piaggiop180 said:
let me understand this. are you saying they didnt loose money.
2 million for a secretary phones and a mutual aid fund. who is cooking the books. why don't you post their annual budget?

Approx 25% goes to national. This is money well spent for all the resources we get.
They rest stays local. Let me start a list for you.
Full time Attorney
Full time secretary
More staff to come on in the future.
Huge office space
Computer network
Phone network
Technology (phones BB's etc)
SAVINGS for a rainy day
list goes on................
You starting to get the picture?
Oh and as for you being able to see the books, forget about it. It is not any of your business. But a member of the Union can take a look whenever. :p

I am starting to feel like we sold out for some small raises.

What did we accomplish?

Has anything changed since the talks?

indefinitehold said:
I am starting to feel like we sold out for some small raises.

What did we accomplish?

Has anything changed since the talks?

Get a union or get out. Been the same carrot since their inception.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back