Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
indefinitehold said:
netjetwife said:
My pilot friend that kept me advised was right on target. that something involving the FAA would set of some ground tremors (changes). I guess we'll all stay tuned for the rest of the story...:eek:

do you know something we don't?

Apparently, Avantair management thinks its perfectly ok to fly airplanes around in clear violation of FAA rules. It is no secret. Mr. Big Bad FAA Inspector paid CDW a visit over the last few days.

Too bad PT doesnt know he is being canned as well. At least he is making 75K or so. For the time being he can put some food on the table with what he's making. Oh wait we pilots are making that too right!?
Heard DOM resign and came back! What a mess........... I'd rather live with my parents if i want some drama!

dude that is so funny.....

it is so him.....blah, blah, it fits him perfectly when they call it a crackberry....blah blah blah

Isn't it interesting how the news you're asked to keep to yourselves is usually
somewhat of an embarrassing nature for those who send out the email? :rolleyes:

Family guy said:
Too bad PT doesnt know he is being canned as well. At least he is making 75K or so. For the time being he can put some food on the table with what he's making. Oh wait we pilots are making that too right!?
Heard DOM resign and came back! What a mess........... I'd rather live with my parents if i want some drama!

PT is too stupid to make $75K. He's nowhere near that kind of money.

interesting......

indefinitehold said:
netjetwife said:
My pilot friend that kept me advised was right on target. that something involving the FAA would set of some ground tremors (changes). I guess we'll all stay tuned for the rest of the story...:eek:

do you know something we don't?

ILC, seems to be listening closely, too. It is up to my "source" to direct my contribution to the conversation. I will defer to him. I must say that I'm well versed in the names of NJ management, but just learning all the Avantair data. Too, I lack the background knowledge to appreciate the "punch line" but as soon as I'm able to match the names at Avant to like personalities at NJ, I'm sure I'll have a greater appreciation for it all. One thing I can tell you is that the names may be different but the attitudes of the pilots seem quite familiar. It seems to me that frac pilots have a lot in common.....

It is no secret now! 136SL is the bird in question. I feel sorry for the PIC! No matter what the company tells you to do PIC a.k.a CAPT has the final authority. I hope Ops and Chief pilot is backing up the capt.( in the past they never did. good luck was the ONLY word) After all, they forced him to fly. I understand the PIC's situation but lets face it guys! we heard the term before "If you dont take this flight or......else...." I was in that position for more than few occasions! As a result I got a call from Ops(CP)and CEO himself. What kind of ops is this?? For the time being we are somewhat happy. Pay check, crew meal etc. We gotta have some sort of protection so that this wont happen!
As for PT.... Where should I start. He is a very nice guy! If you be nice to him he will take care of you. Uhhhhhhhhppppps did i just type that!? Plz bare with me because im buzzed......

Btw, Do we have to take a pay cut?? FAA will/did recieve close to $1Mil donation from avantair!?

BP200 said:
No matter what the company tells you to do PIC a.k.a CAPT has the final authority. I hope Ops and Chief pilot is backing up the capt.( in the past they never did. good luck was the ONLY word) After all, they forced him to fly. I understand the PIC's situation but lets face it guys! we heard the term before "If you dont take this flight or......else...." I was in that position for more than few occasions!

I'm gonna call BS on this one. You state that the PIC is the final authority, which nearly every student pilot knows. No manager can "force" you to fly, unless they put a gun to your head, which would then be called "hijacking".

I've turned down one or two unairworthy airplanes in my career, and despite much bluster from the higher-ups, nothing ever came of it. I've never had a manager state, or imply, "take this flight or else". If they had, my middle finger and some carefully chosen words would have answered. I'd rather be fired than break the law.

You either have a pair, or you don't.

C

Corona said:
I've turned down one or two unairworthy airplanes in my career, and despite much bluster from the higher-ups, nothing ever came of it. I've never had a manager state, or imply, "take this flight or else". If they had, my middle finger and some carefully chosen words would have answered. I'd rather be fired than break the law.

no, I doubt the managment has ever threatened anyone to fly or else, except the old CP DV. However, it is not far past them to twist reality to get the job done.

Based on all the crazy talk in CDW, I think this is why the DO bailed.The pilot in question was firend of his in the ops office.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back