• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More changes at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, just jumpin on here! Long time watcher, first time writer. Any new gossip at Avantair? Don't worry, I'm NOT management.

Welcome, Avman! The pilots I know have been quiet lately.

Hang in there, Cap! I hope things work out for you.

Regards,
NJW

Considering the interview at Avantair, any advice from happy/unhappy folks would be great. Having to pay your way to an interview means you've really got to want the job (not really so dumb on their part). Trying to decide if a switch from my local 135 job (home most nights, not much raise potential) to Avantair would be an improvement or not. NJ seems to have closed up for us barely 3000 hrs guys right now, so looking at everyone. Do I have my $#'s right here? I've gotten feedback on Capt pay at:
Yr 2 53K
Yr 3 62K
Per diem $2/hr time away from base (could be about $7-8K/yr?)
Also, wondered how the 7.5 on-6.5 off works, how does that .5 come into play?

Any advice would be great, but like NJW just posted, the Avantair guys seem kind of quiet on this forum. (sometimes it's safer to say nothing)

Does Avantair not have a section of their website for those pilots interested in flying for them? They have a website, surely?

Mainiac,

You're right that the Avantair guys have been quiet on here lately. Usually people come on here to complain (I've been guilty of that once or twice) and there hasn't been much to complain about.

I enjoy working here and if you get the call for the interveiw I suggest checking it out. Your salary numbers are correct and the .5 day is used for positioning you for your trip, if needed. We are hiring and working towards getting our staffing up to where we can have a true 7/7 schedule.

I'm happy here and I'm not looking to go anywhere else.

Good luck to you.

Dilligaff

Dilligaf,

Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll get myself to TPA for the interview!

There have been some changes made in management both at NJ and Avantair. I realize that can be a source of uncertainty for many. I thought this new card was appropriate to the situation. It has nice music and graphics. Enjoy! NJW

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=YT40216909

Latest resources

Back