Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DrunkIrishman said:
A few thoughts-

5. (Follow-up to #4) The 737-800 coach seats are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever been in - even more so than a college lecture hall. People don't complain about these seats because they are distracted with a cheap form of IFE. Put an IFE system on the RJ's and I would be willing to bet my job that complaints would decrease some. Furthermore, put power adapters in the seats for laptops and even the loathsome business traveler may b$tch a little less - but I doubt it.

Great post with excellent points! In the case of a 50 seat ERJ I think the extra weight of IFE would limit the aircraft to less than 50 pax. Air Canada now has the CRJ-705 wich is a -900 configured for around 70 seats. IFE might work on that aircraft.

Last edited:
Reebo said:
Great post with excellent points! In the case of a 50 seat ERJ I think the extra weight of IFE would limit the aircraft to less than 50 pax. Air Canada now has the CRJ-705 wich is a -900 configured for around 70 seats. IFE might work on that aircraft.

Yes, but can that CRJ-705 carry all of the bags? Bring on the IFE, leave the bags!

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Yes, but can that CRJ-705 carry all of the bags? Bring on the IFE, leave the bags!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Good question! Not sure of the payload capability of the CRJ-705.

...the return of service...it would be nice result of all this pain....

2-3 FAs also makes like easier on the pax. A 70 seaters with one guy/gal getting drinks on a full flight leaves everyone frazzled and frustrated. A perk to putting the MD88 on the same route is the extra help and better service...

AlbieF15 said:
A 70 seaters with one guy/gal getting drinks on a full flight leaves everyone frazzled and frustrated.

The 70 seaters already have 2 flight attendants.

Maybe you should review your Part 121 FAR's....

-CF

...well...maybe I should...but I don't need a working knowledge of that section as I don't fly with FAs at my airline (FDX) or in my ANG unit. My wife also has expressly forbidden me trying to bring one along in our Navion....

I usually fly Pinnacle or ASA with the 45-55 seat set-up so I didn't realize the 70 seaters had two. My bad....

Albie-

You must have one FA for every 50 seats. The CRJ has only 50 seats so it only needs one; whereas, the CR7 has more than 50 but less than 100 so it needs only two FA's.

I am curious if anyone on this board knows what an IFE system for the RJ's would weigh. It just don't think it would weigh that much with modern technology. In fact, I would think that the FAA required AFM paperwork in the cockpit would weigh more.;-)

Boeing envy?

General,

Why do the 100seat rates 'need to go up' if its going to a Boeing airplane, rather than an Embraer? The rates need to go up regardless of the aircraft type so we don't set a pathetic precedent for this industry. I was hoping the JB E190 rate would be an temporary low-light but if we sign something similar into our contract, get ready for the new industry standard. And if we cave on scope, we'll never have another new-hire class again at Delta.

I don't know about you, but most of the guys I've flown with lately on the -800 and in the lounges are ready to make a stand for this profession that we love. If we get contract terms imposed on us, so be it...but there's know way I'm going to slit my own throat by accepting concessions of this type.

-Pat

ASADFW7 said:
Okay I know this is a theme that comes up over and over again. I fly an CRJ however I do not make the business plan for the company I am employed by or fly under. I flew the Brasilia before the CRJ, and the industry shift to CRJ's or Erj was not the downfall of mainline. I am tired of people blaming the regionals for the downfall of mainline. It reads like the RJDC crap and save mainline crap misses the point, whatever end of the stick you are holding, right now there is a good chance the crap is going to rub off on you. Either mainline or the regionals, we all are trying to make a living and not at the expense of each other. However, in most cases we speak publicly out of one side of our mouth about solidarity, however the public forum that is anonymous like this we cut each other down to the bone. It is just sad to see. Attack me as you want to, most of these posts are not debate or sharing information any more, they are avenues to vent and be frustrated. Blame not responsibility, reaction not pro-action, we are all bleeding and the last time I look it is all the same color of red.

well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back