• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Alaska Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Listen, turbo, the "old geezers" had plenty of their own problems. Lots of the senior captains came from struck airliine (CAL or EAL) or bankrupt ones (BI). They had a WAY rougher row to hoe than YOU have.

Suck it up. You're expendable to Alaska airlines. We all are.

You guys with all the answers need to step up and volunteer. Be a rep, MEC officer of something before you sling to poison arrows. You appear to have all the answers, step up, be a man of honor and show us the way. It is easy to criticize on a web board behind a screen name. I tip my hat to the guys in office and the negotiating committee. At Least they had the balls to volunteer their time for you.

You guys with all the answers need to step up and volunteer. Be a rep, MEC officer of something before you sling to poison arrows. You appear to have all the answers, step up, be a man of honor and show us the way. It is easy to criticize on a web board behind a screen name. I tip my hat to the guys in office and the negotiating committee. At Least they had the balls to volunteer their time for you.

best post on an Alaska thread in a long time.

Mookie

Mookie, I had to delete your post because you're giving out personal info (his initials) without his approval. Please don't do that again.

Mamma, I had to delete your also, but only because you quoted his in your response. Sorry about that.

A reminder, members are not to use initials, names, or other personal info without the prior permission of FI.com Moderators or the member involved.

Amen, Mach. Well said.

Give me a break!

Mach, There is not enough room for everyone who has an opinion to be on the MEC or the NC to get things changed to his or her agenda. However, I for one am fed up with the standard defense by the senior f'ers that in order to have an opinion I should have had to serve ALPA. Let me tell you something...this is my contract too, I pay dues, I am in good standing, and (big shocker) I have an opinion, however my opinion is geared towards equity for everyone, not just the top 20% of the list. I can tell you that personally, I will be unable to do any major union stuff for several years as I have 3 young kids, a guard job, half way through a master's, and ascs to go. But I am pretty sure that I never read anything that said union service was required prior to stating an opinion. And to be perfectly honest, this union needs some changes.
My personal opinion is that most of the FO's voted with their empty wallets, but I am sure you will disagree, after all you are a hard charging, kasher plus, retro pay till the last day kind of guy right? Or is it the long call you desire? What happened Mach? And by the way, every opinion I have stated on this board I have also put on the ALA web board. I am not hiding my screen name. Send me a PM and I'll be happy to tell you my name. I have been in the cockpit with you on more than one occassion......

Fubijakkr?? is that right? are you the guy responsible for getting a very good instructor fired from his instructor job at Alaska? Just curious since we're all laying it out there.

No comment.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back