• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Alaska Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about some good ole' blanket party's for those who vsa? I'm not an Alaska guy but I did get more than just a little po'd when I overheard on the employee shuttle at seatac two white haired captains discussing thier boats one minute and the next about how much time they were picking up. Guy's like this disgust me. The baby booming ME generation. I interrupted thier conversation and "innocently" asked how many guys they had on the street still. I was met by silence. You two know who you are and shame on you.

The Union reps wont tell you to not VSA or to fly only 75 hours. They can't. But common sense would dictate that we all do just that. Unfortunately common sense is in short supply. I think we may furlough in the fall but 80 is a high number IMO. This may be just a way for the company to predict pilot behavior with the increased efficiency's in the contract, to see how low they can staff and still fly schedule.

Anybody heard if there is going to be another early retirement package presented as a way to mitigate furloughs? I had heard it's in the works, just no confirmation.

What's your point? That you were right? Time will tell. Don't gloat yet, we haven't even implemented the contract. Let's see....3% of 1395 is 42.

No gloating here. I am not happy about this new contract...obviously...just pointing out that I made several statements that should have highlighted to people how it is possible that this contract would screw everyone that is not a decent line holding captain. I'm not claiming to have any sort or crystal ball, but I'll be honest I don't believe it was necessary. This contract has obvious efficiencies in it that make the downgrade and furlough possibilities pretty obvious. The ink is barely even dry. I think it is painfully obvious who this contract was written for.

Latest resources

Back