• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moral sinking at FLOPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like my bird dog...he can't tell what is in the food I feed him, however he can tell if he likes it or not (can compair). If he isn't feed, he will not fetch birds,or as well.
I, like my bird dog, don't know why FLOPs can't pay/feed me like the other jet/turbo prop fractionals. But like my specially trained dog, I won't fetch as well either.
Our Boss tells us that we are eating just as well as the other Pilots, and that we should just feel lucky that we even have a dog dish to eat it in. I, again, like my bird fetcher, can compair also.
Just a thought.

The dog doesn't have the choice of his owner or how you treat him, but I'm sure he still shows up every day and gives 100% regardless of what you feed him.

You however have the choice of an employer. If you don't like what you are getting fed, go someplace where you can get the premium food and stop complaining about it.

You got what you asked for.

I would venture a guess that you do not make this forum any less boring for anyone and that you induce as many yawns as B19.

As for informative, you definitely do not contribute. Perhaps you're talking about a worthy opposing voice with an intellect and basic powers of observation....that is rarely seen on this forum and is certainly not you or B19. If you and B19 are the only hopes for the anti-union voice, the management to whom you two suck up is in real trouble.

The only yawn here is the pilot that got suckered into the promises of a union 3 years ago and didn't take his career into his own hands to improve it by moving on to a job that better suited them.

Ask those that left FLOPS 3 years ago when they weren't happy and see how they are doing today. They had the courage to take their careers into their own hands and I'm certain they are much better off today than if they had stayed where they weren't happy.

1108 made a promise they DID NOT KEEP. You idiots are still drinking the same koolaide while the ecomomy tanks. You didn't make the change three years ago, now you are stuck with what you have. You asked for it, you got it.

But like I keep saying. This is a forum, the purpose is to have an exchange. It would be quite boring and non-informative if a bunch of pro-union fools sat around here stroking each other. Right?

I can imagine what the union meetings must be like after 3 years of failure. :crying:

They have nobody to blame but themselves.

As I stated before, like B19, debate with you is a complete waste of time. You can find no fault with management, nor can you recognize circumstances where a Union is needed. You accused some of us as being narrow minded when in fact it is you looking at Options through a soda straw. You are unwilling to recognize the repeated failures of Options incompetent management. You find fault with pilots expressing their displeasure with management thorough a detailed preflight, yet find no fault with management for the abuses and persecutions of the pilots over the past 5 years.

It is clear that there is no reason to have any exchange with you. It is a complete waste of time.

Surfer, if you aren't happy... LEAVE. Five years? You are a glutten for punishment.

Oh, you can't? Waited to long? I told you three years ago you would have at least three years of turmoil and if the economy tanked in the meantime the union wasn't going to help anyway. Didn't listen? LOL.. you get what you asked for. Nothing.

Is it because you drank too much union (1108) koolaide because they promised great things they didn't deliver on or were you not qualifed enough to be hired elsewhere?

If you had left three years ago instead of attempting to force your will on others via a union, you wouldn't have anything to complain about now would you?

Three years is a long time to whine and complain because company management didn't just fold to all the union demands. They've had the courage to protect the company and stand up to 1108. You didn't have the courage to take your career and go where the money was good on your own, for whatever reason. Instead, you choose to whine like a spoiled teenager.

You are getting exactly what you asked for Surfer... stop complaining, do your job and be lucky you even have one.

Industry Standard Pay

If the business plan is flawed and can't compete can't survive, shut it down. Survival of the fittest.

If the business plan requires pilots to work for sweat shop wages, to subsidize the company with free labor, shut it down. A company that believes it's employees should accept low wages and just be happy to have a job, begins it's life with a failed business plan, shut it down.

Pay me industry standard or shut it down.

I for one will not accept any excuse for not signing a industry standard contract.

If Options management will not negotiate a industry standard contract, shut it down.

FYI, "industry standard" right now for many pilots is the unemployment line.

You will get exactly what you asked for.

no its your attitude.....i dont care what your views are. But you come in here and "suggest" that we all stop doing pre-flights.

so once again.....seek life elswhere, you attitude is disturbing. call me what you want, i fly safe and that's that. I just hope im never in the air when you are.

No, he is not suggesting that at all.

Instead, he is suggesting that you stop doing preflights that draw the ire of the courts against unions, like the court order issued by Judge Bertlesmen:

http://www.airlinesafety.com/articles/ComairInjunction.htm

Preflights as you suggest are that of a non-professional pilot that do nothing but create chatter amongst other union members and create a divide with management.

You guys have played these childish games for over three years now without success.

Isn't about time to get 1108 to live up to their promises before the well runs completely dry and there is no money left for a contract?

1108 made promises they couldn't keep and suckered all of you into staying in a job that you could have replaced ages ago and have gotten better money by now.

If you don't like it leave the fix. If unable to accept the clearance due to the state of the industry, blame yourself for getting suckered by those used car salesmen posing as union reps.

I'll be your Huckelberry

The dog doesn't have the choice of his owner or how you treat him, but I'm sure he still shows up every day and gives 100% regardless of what you feed him.

You however have the choice of an employer. If you don't like what you are getting fed, go someplace where you can get the premium food and stop complaining about it.

Dang B19, seems you know less about bird dogs, than you do about aviation.
I was here long before you showed up, and will be here long after you have been shown the door.

So B-19,

What I'm getting here is that no progress has been made and the 1108 should move towards the pocess of striking?

For once I agree with you. Management is gonna delay as long as they can so they can run back to the boss with their hands out to say "look daddy, the business is in shambles and we saved you this much money in pilot wages"! Can I have a bonus?

Is that what you are suggesting?

You are saying 1108 has done nothing?

Are they not meeting monthly with the company?

I could almost guess that the foot dragging is on the management side? (Duh, ya think?)

It's business man, the management guys have families and are just trying to make a buck.

I'm glad I'm not in a position to make my living by f-cking over my fellow man.

That just doesn't rest right with me.

But hey! Nothing personal, it's just business!

Stay the course 1108.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back