Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E170Guppykiller said:
You mean UPS?

Guppykiller. Let me guess. Early to mid-twenties, single, and a graduate of one of those ridiculously expensive "fast track" airline pilot programs that take up 90% of the Ad pages in Flying magazine.

I'd like to see what you think of your Guppykiller line after you have been in this business for a while. Be careful what you wish for kid. Do you have one of those Guppykiller stickers on your flightbag too?

The sad thing here is that yes, the E jets will be guppykillers. However, the pilots will never participate in the improved economics that the E series will offer over the guppy. They will never see anything close to even today's guppy pay when the 100 and 120+ seat E-jets come out. Guys like you are too blind to realize that. But hey, the chicks dig the uniform, right?

Mugs said:
Guppykiller. Let me guess. Early to mid-twenties, single, and a graduate of one of those ridiculously expensive "fast track" airline pilot programs that take up 90% of the Ad pages in Flying magazine.

I'd like to see what you think of your Guppykiller line after you have been in this business for a while. Be careful what you wish for kid. Do you have one of those Guppykiller stickers on your flightbag too?

Great post. I agree 100%

Last edited:
General Lee said:
The part that made me mad about that deal is the lack of outrage from the current jetblue pilots, since most knew at the time that they wouldn't have to fly those new planes since they were still getting plenty of Airbi.

You're out of line, General. Just because we didn't show our outrage to you personally doesn't mean that it wasn't directed at more relevant targets. I'm not going to air dirty laundry in public, but I will say that quite a bit has been said, and with a great deal of heat.

I will never see the E-190, but I was and am disgusted with the pay scale. You have some nerve accusing me and those like me of not caring because we got ours. Screw you, man.

Last edited:
PCL 128:

Starting to smell the PeopleExpress stench, huh?

Where were you when PE was plying the skies? Watching Magilla Gorilla and Speed Racer on the tube? If you are an RJ F/O for Pinnacle, either you started your career very late in life or you are full of it.

Which is it?

There are a few parallels with JetBlue and PE....however they are few. JetBlue has the most fuel efficient fleet, and with the addition of the 190 will have two fleet types. PE had 737, 727, and 747 aircraft, and they all were from different airlines and they were extremely inefficient as far as fuel goes. The major carriers of the day weren't in the dire financial condition of today so they could put the squeeze on PE and PE overexpanded in the face of increasing competition with no real edge in any category other than fares. Once the fares were equal, the people went with the established carriers and combined with the inefficient fleet, 3 pilot airplanes, overexpansion in overseas markets and of course Newark....(need I say more) they failed. JetBlue not only offers low fares, but they offer a good product and it is only going to get better with the 190.

A350

I could have taken the 190, but since it is paying regional pay I decided it was not for me. To suggest that the pilots @ B6 are not outragged over the pay on the 190 just shows how arrogant and ignorant you are concerning what goes on internally with the pilot group at JetBlue. What a load of crap, Mr. General, I am so sick and tired of the allmighty Delta Pilots blaming everything on JetBlue pilots. The industry is in turmoil and is a complete failure at this point. There are too many factors that have gotten us to this point to list here, but to suggest it is the 1180 pilots at JetBlue that have gotten us to where we are now is just plain crap. When Delta flushes your pension down the toilet this fall you will feel the pain of just how fu%&ed up this industry is. Try and get a grip of what has happened and decide if you have the stomache to stay in the game. The game has changed due to economics, and labor is loosing the battle. Good luck with your future, we all need it.

Blue Dude said:
You're out of line, General. Just because we didn't show our outrage to you personally doesn't mean that it wasn't directed at more relevant targets. I'm not going to air dirty laundry in public, but I will say that quite a bit has been said, and with a great deal of heat.

I will never see the E-190, but I was and am disgusted with the pay scale. You have some nerve accusing me and those like me of not caring because we got ours. Screw you, man.

Let me guess, you didn't say anything because your 5 year "interview" was coming up? No union, no protection. They have learned how to shut you guys up----a 5 year interview...... You may care about the rates, but you are too scared to speak up. So, instead, you put your efforts into something better for the rest of us------TRANSCON TURNS. I can't wait to do JFK-LAX-JFK in one day. Maybe I could catch a good nap on the autoland back into JFK in the FOG. Next thing you will want is to marry your SISTER. Thanks a lot. Don't choke on the blue Kool-aid. Breathe in, breathe out.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Floatplane said:
I could have taken the 190, but since it is paying regional pay I decided it was not for me. To suggest that the pilots @ B6 are not outragged over the pay on the 190 just shows how arrogant and ignorant you are concerning what goes on internally with the pilot group at JetBlue. What a load of crap, Mr. General, I am so sick and tired of the allmighty Delta Pilots blaming everything on JetBlue pilots. The industry is in turmoil and is a complete failure at this point. There are too many factors that have gotten us to this point to list here, but to suggest it is the 1180 pilots at JetBlue that have gotten us to where we are now is just plain crap. When Delta flushes your pension down the toilet this fall you will feel the pain of just how fu%&ed up this industry is. Try and get a grip of what has happened and decide if you have the stomache to stay in the game. The game has changed due to economics, and labor is loosing the battle. Good luck with your future, we all need it.

Allmighty Delta pilots? When did I say I was any better than you? I have the right to give my opinion on this board, and I have done it a lot. I am 40 and I know I won't have a "DB" pension. Neither will you. We will have a 401K, regardless of Chap 11 or not. I have time to make it up, but others do not, and a lot have been bailing (156 today) to keep some of their hard earned money. That is the new reality, and I understand it. Can I stay in the game? Absolutely. I have other side projects (besides being on Flightinfo quite a bit) that keep me and the wife going, and some are other businesses. I will be fine any way it goes. Yeah, labor is losing the battle, any maybe someday that will change. I don't know where I will be, but I hope it is in the left seat of a Song 757. Caution wake turbulence.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Blue Dude said:

So what are you going to do about that 100 seat pay scale besides just be disgusted by it? Maybe being disgusted is all you can do, given the fact that you have no say in your pay, benefits or working conditions at JBLU.

Last edited:
Floatplane said:
I could have taken the 190, but since it is paying regional pay I decided it was not for me. To suggest that the pilots @ B6 are not outragged over the pay on the 190 just shows how arrogant and ignorant you are concerning what goes on internally with the pilot group at JetBlue.

So what are you going to do about the pay on the 190, besides just being outraged? Are you going to do anything, or do you fall into the "I got mine" category? I guess there really isn't much you can do about it since your pilot group just has to take what mangement decides to give you.

I am still trying to locat the re-interview room, it must be co located with other companies profits. General I am glad you are excited about the transcon turns:) !

I know what I am going to do about the 100 seat rates, I am going to come in at night on my own time and clean the back side of the 190's so there will be a spot on it just for you! Or make this post twice! In all reality our 190 rates are higher than the rates at CHQ ( a union company) for the same aircraft.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back