• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Monarch Air in Addison TX?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im at Monarch Air in TKI, just started so not many hrs right now but if you put in your time you will be busy. The others guys here are getting around 60 hrs a month. I dont know if ADS is hiring but RBD might be. We might be in need of another instructor out here in TKI soon......try mesquite aviation too, I almost went to work there before I got the Monarch job and the guys there seem to be getting around 70 hrs/month. Let me know if you have any other questions.......

Tex said:
Only prob is sitting around runup/hold area behind jets for 10 mins or so. Gets kinda hot during the summer, or so I hear.

Airport keeps students busy with radio skills.

Yeah, the women are fantastic. I grew up here, and still find time to hang out off Beltline, 5 min from the airport.

BTW. Click it or ticket. Smokey's are out for blood on the roads this summer.

You're not holding behind cherry air jet for 10 minutes. We'd be outta gas by then!!

yeah i walked in million air to fill out an application for a line tech. boy howdy are there some hotties working there.

its texas, what do you expect :) ?

ps. i think dirk banged too many strippers last night. he seems to have lost his mojo

I worked for Monarch in ADS for 6 months a few years ago. Good owners, nice place. They have a large fleet of nearly new airplanes, and lots of networking options at the airport. Everyone who was working there with me now has a regular flying job, so it is a good starting point.

Downsides? You have to work the front desk (for no pay), and the pay you do get is hard to get over $1,000 a month after taxes.

But if you hussle, you'll be busy, and be out of there in no time. :)

Got the job at Monarch, start in approx. 2 weeks. Not sure which location, I only know it's between Addison and Mckinney.

May has been a good month for me. CFI, new job, and new home all in a matter of 2 weeks.

Those of you on here that work there, looking forward to meeting all of you.

Gotta get back to packing the car so I can head home to VA for a few days before I move to TX.

Marc

ENjoy the front desk!

Monarch is a first class flight school. If you put the time in on desk duty the first month or so you will end up with a lot of students (80-100 hrs a month when i was there). I went straight from there to Cherry in 01'...A lot of CFI's from Monarch end up working at Cherry and a lot of Cherry guys are going to SWA lately (the last four classes here have had a former Cherry guy in them, myself included).
There adresses are 4584 and 4585 Claire Chennault respectively so they really are right next door to one another. If you work at both places it makes filling out job apps in the future much easier...you only have to remember one address. There are a ton of corporate jobs to be had in ADS. Don't forget about Love field six miles down the road too.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back