• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mpflies2

That Guy
Hey all...

Put my resume in at Monarch air for the CFI position in Addison TX the other day and got a call back today to set up an interview. Gonna prolly go this weekend. Didn't really get to talk to the guy on the phone much...was in the middle of CFII ground school, so i didn't get to ask many questions bout the flight school....so i'll ask you guys....

Busy Airport?
Student flow?
Average wages?
Benefits?
Cost of living in Dallas?
Nice area?
Run well?
Well equiped?

Any help greatly appreciated...thanks

Marc

Busy Airport? - Busiest single runway airport in the world
Student flow? - plenty
Average wages? - $14 an hour last I checked
Benefits? - haha
Cost of living in Dallas? - $400 a month and up, find a roommate. There are apartments right by the airport that are reasonable.
Nice area? - very nice...you'll see plenty of ferraris and whatnot roaming the streets
Run well? - from a student perspective very professional, cessna pilot center so they use the cessna 141 syllabus...
Well equiped? - hung like a horse, all garmin equipped 172's 50 hour inspections...they dont own the airplanes so they make all their money on MX

Almerick07 said:
Busy Airport? - Busiest single runway airport in the world
Student flow? - plenty
Average wages? - $14 an hour last I checked
Benefits? - haha
Cost of living in Dallas? - $400 a month and up, find a roommate. There are apartments right by the airport that are reasonable.
Nice area? - very nice...you'll see plenty of ferraris and whatnot roaming the streets
Run well? - from a student perspective very professional, cessna pilot center so they use the cessna 141 syllabus...
Well equiped? - hung like a horse, all garmin equipped 172's 50 hour inspections...they dont own the airplanes so they make all their money on MX

anybody know what the CFI morale is? How many students the average instructor has? Avg. hours built per month?.....will i need to get another job to afford to live?

thanks

marc

anybody know what the CFI morale is? How many students the average instructor has? Avg. hours built per month?.....will i need to get another job to afford to live?

Well it was a couple of years since I was there but the CFI's there at the time were an awesome bunch of guys...had a lot of fun together. 100 hours per month wasnt rare from what I could tell 80-100 per month seemed average. At $14 an hour wouldnt seem like another job would be needed but Addison Express (line service) takes care of the monarch guys. I would totally recommend Monarch Air as your first instructing gig, the networking was amazinf in the DFW area. Checkout Simuflight for their right seat program that you can take part in during your down time. Oh another neat thing about Monarch was all the scheduling was done online, so just check the scheduling website to see when your flights are.

Alot of guys from my college went there. They seemed to like it better than college instructing. My company is right next door, when we taxi by we often see amazingly hot female students. God I love Texas...

man the things you guys are saying sound great...hope i get the job. I'm so excited...can't wait to start teaching and building time and checking out TX girls. gotta love the south.

marc

be cool and yes there is plenty of right seat time to be had in the whole DFW area, this might sound hoakey but if you get the job teach...dont just build time. This is not just a time building job, how you perform as an instructor will be a pretty good gauge of how your chosen profession will end up. Remember do your job right out there and be cool with everyone...you never know who owns the GV sitting in front of Millionair. Good Luck

Almerick07 said:
be cool and yes there is plenty of right seat time to be had in the whole DFW area, this might sound hoakey but if you get the job teach...dont just build time. This is not just a time building job, how you perform as an instructor will be a pretty good gauge of how your chosen profession will end up. Remember do your job right out there and be cool with everyone...you never know who owns the GV sitting in front of Millionair. Good Luck

thanks...ya....not in it just to build time....looking forward to teaching, but it has taken 5 years to get to 350 hours...will be nice to finally see some progress in the logbook. I hear the first 300 hours of teaching the instructor learns more than the student....def. looking forward to this.

thanks again

marc

Latest resources

Back