Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnpeace

#199 of 201
Anyone else concerned about the health and wellness implications of repeated exposure to mm wave radar 'full body scans'?

I've been a little surprised to see this concern basically absent from any media coverage of this new apparatus.

I can tell you I am not going through one of these scanners. I hear they are going to offer the option of a pat down if you are selected. They are going to have give me one every time because I am not going through the scanner.

Fox had a segment on this morning about this.. the doctors stated that these scanners at 10,000 times less that the normal x-ray machine making them totally safe..

I don't know personally, but i'm sure this Q will be on everyones mind until they make this news well understood...

Probably get more radiation in one hour above FL300 than you would going through that scanner...

I can tell you I am not going through one of these scanners. I hear they are going to offer the option of a pat down if you are selected. They are going to have give me one every time because I am not going through the scanner.

That was what I was thinking. Just wondered if I was the only one.

I guess I'm not.

Nor will I.If these things are not at EVERY airport,won't the bad guys just fly out of those airports that don't have them ? This will be the final straw for some passengers.I think I'll start a luxury bus line.

They are supposed to give everyone the option to get the pat-down if they prefer not to go through the machine. At least in RIC, they rarely, if ever, give anyone the option. If they're selected, in they go, no choice.

I'd watch out for self-opening doors too. They use microwave radar as well.

Latest resources

Back