• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MM Wave Radar scans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It cant be any worse than 25-30 chest X-rays.

Radiation never hurt anybody:)

Random thought:

I wonder what Chauniqa with TSA would think of my junk as I pass through the scanner...I bet I'd get even more looks than usual.

It is a just a matter of principle. An invasion of my privacy. I have a metal screw due to an injury and have to have have a personal screening. I refyse the new machine. The guy asked my why and I said I do not want my pictures on the internet. He said that it would never happen. I said well your manual did!

I think if we all refuse it might make a difference. Imagine a crew van of 10 or 15 people all needing a pat down. Maybe they will find a different way for the crew...like no security at all!

It is a just a matter of principle. An invasion of my privacy.

Sort of.

Radiation I subject myself to after doing the research and weighing the risk/reward factors? Acceptable.

Radiation I am forcibly subjected to, without my consent as part of the 'security theater' being presented at America's airports? Not Acceptable.

If they want muslims to not blow up American airliners...maybe a good start would be not blowing up muslim weddings and birthday parties.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/reed/reed171.html
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]On February 17, at Dulles International Airport outside of Washington, DC, a young Nigerian terrorist named Farouk Abdul al Faisal attempted to board United Airlines flight 1497 to Stuttgart, Germany. He had eluded detection by the FBI, and was not on the Terrorist Watch List. He seemed to have succeeded in his aims.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Al Faisal had not counted on an alert TSA employee, as none had been encountered before. TSA agent Michael Trabinney noticed that Faruouk’s cheeks were puffed out strangely. He pulled the young African aside for further screening and discovered in his mouth a condom filled with black powder and a detonator. Trabinney sounded the alarm and Farouk was arrested. The Department of Homeland Security immediately closed the airport for three days, saying that, since the terrorist was in custody and posed no further threat, extreme measures were necessary. Travel snarled around the world as flights were diverted or canceled.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Janet Napolitano, the chief of DHS, said in a press conference that the event “showed the lengths to which enemies of our freedoms will go. In order to keep Americans safe, the Department will initiate mouth exams on all boarding passengers. Henceforth no condoms will be allowed on board.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A contract for three billion dollars was issued to buy latex detectors, and an additional agent was added at each security gate in the nation, at a salary of sixty thousand dollars a year. They told barefoot passengers to “Say ah.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]President Obama, according to some being worried about seeming soft on national security, announced that he would talk with his counterparts in other countries about requiring oral exams, and would fund research into automated ah-scanners. Manufacturers of dental equipment received development contracts totaling $1.2 billion.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The new measures went relatively smoothly, though there were isolated glitches. A woman with a broken jaw wired shut was pulled out of line, interrogated for hours, and arrested for refusing to answer questions except to say “Ummm, ummm.” A TSA agent at Houston International, hired under federal affirmative-action guidelines, confiscated a latex glove, saying that it looked like a multiple-use condom and you never could be too careful with terrorists.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Following the implementation of the new measures, airline traffic fell five percent.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Then in early June a fifteen-year-old kid in Dubuque posted, to an Egyptian website, under the name of Sheik Wasabi, a disturbing story. While in Cairo, said “Sheik Wasabi,” he had met a radical Islamic plastic surgeon who was fitting female martyrs with explosive breast–implants. The teenager then forgot about his post, having received a new X Box. However, some thirty people saw the post and called the FBI, which ignored them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Finally Maxwell Bjorn, president of the instrument-manufacturer Artful Devices Inc., called Janet Napolitano directly. He had done the calculations, he said. A D-cup could unquestionably bring down an airliner. The only way to protect our democracy, he said, would be either to install automated palpators, or use x-rays. Fortunately for America his firm happened to have suitable designs, at $2.2 million each. more...[/FONT]

I should have clarified my statement. An invasion of my privacy as flight crew. The principle is that you trust me to fly the plane...you really do not need to give me a body scan. As you all know we can have a "clean scan" and we can still make a bad outcome on the airplane...so you do not really need to scan me...as flight crew. When was the last time they scanned a worker in the Empire State Building...or the John Hancock Tower? They could blow that up too!

If you are still mentally stable the FFDO program is worth a peek. No body scans and a free strap on!

The FFDO program is good...however it takes a week away from home and your family. Not to mention there is no funding left for additional classes this year. But a good point. Why can't we all get the same background check and be allowed access through security like the FFDO's do we really need to have a "Strap on" to go through without a hassle? It is not the weapon that allows the access back stage...it is the background check and the Federal ID they give.

Latest resources

Back